🌸Kaito Momota x Reader: Astraphobia🌸

a/n: no one requested any of this but um,,,i adore kaito so much?? please hold my hand (also another rainy one i know i know) its non despair but also still Ultimate Astronaut kaito!!?? not sure how that works, but thats how it is >:))

"Hey, wait up!" You called after your closest high school friend Kaito Momota. 

You were both out and about in your town, visiting local shops and buying snacks from various places when you were feeling hungry. You were both kicking off the beginning of spring break by having a bit of a spending spree, but neither of you mind, it was a lot of fun. 

Kaito was rushing ahead of you in a snack store, seeing that they had the "space food" ice cream bars. It was just freeze dried ice cream, but you could see the genuine excitement spark in his eyes. "(y/n), look at this! It's real space food!" "No it isn't, dummy, they just say that so people like you are more inclined to buy it." You booped him on the nose as you spoke, and he looked at you with a childish pout. "How do you know that!" He said, clinging on to the package of sweet food.

"I suppose I don't." You sighed, a defeated smile on your face. You picked up four of the "space bars" and tossed them onto the counter, smiling at the store clerk. "That all?" You nodded, pulling out your small (f/c) purse. 

"Woah, thank you, (y/n)!" Kaito beamed, and you couldn't help but let your cheeks turn a shade of pink. "I-it's nothing, ahaha..." You waved your hand at him as you handed the cash over, grabbing your bag and receipt. 

You both sat down at a picnic bench in front of the store, and you placed the bag down in front of Kaito, sighing as you relaxed in your seat. You sure had been walking a lot today. You looked at the sky.

Today had started off with a clear, bright, blue sky, but now it was getting cloudy. You weren't sure if it would rain, but you were hoping not. You still had so many stores to visit!

As you returned your gaze to the table, you saw three ripped open packages of space food. You looked up to see Kaito eagerly munching down on his third bar, reaching for the fourth one in the bag. "W-wait! That one's for me!" You laughed, quickly snagging it before he could grab it. 

"Please, (y/n), they're so good!" "Clearly! You had three in two frickin' seconds!" You said, slowly ripping yours open to tease him. You took a bite, and you were surprised that it wasn't bland in the slightest, it was really good! You placed the ice cream bar back in your mouth, leaving it there to take out your phone to check the time. As you turned to get your phone, Kaito came face to face with you, leaning down in his seat as he did so. You made quick eye contact before he bit down on the other side of the space bar. 

"Wh-mmf!!" You tried to talk, but instead bit off your end of the bar and pulled back. "Kaito!" You said after swallowing. He pulled what remained of the ice cream bar out of his mouth after taking a bite, and grinned at you. "What? I just wanted some." 

You gently and jokingly punched him in the shoulder, "Jerk." You smiled though, your heart warming as you stared at him. You gave another look to the sky, and much to your dismay, it had gotten dark and gray. "Oh no. Kaito, we better start getting ready to go back to our houses." You frowned, packing up your bag and phone. Kaito looked surprised, glancing up to the cloudy sky. 

"No! Wait, you don't have to go!" You looked at him, his sudden shout alarming you. "Sorry, I just um...do you wanna maybe come back to my house?" He said, looking between your (e/c) eyes and the ground.  

You grinned, his bashfulness clashing with his usual boisterous personality made you laugh internally. "Of course, that sounds good!" You said, standing up. "Great! Come on, let's go!" Kaito stood too, this time grabbing your hand to lead the way.