🌸Izuru Kamukura x Reader: My Feelings🌸

a/n: sorry for the strange activity! im a mess rn, ill try to post when i have content(i lost a bunch of stuff i had in my google drive, its literally just gone but like im not too upset bc i wasnt happy with how most of it came out heheh)  but again! theres a request page for anything!! please dont hesitate to be specific either!! also, most of these fics are probably gonna be non-despair so izuru is kind of an anomaly but ehhh whatever lmao

"You're too cheery...." Your dear friend Izuru sighed, running a hand through his long, dark brown head of hair. As he watched you bounce around your kitchen, he glanced over at the stovetop clock. 

9:11 a.m.... 

You called Izuru last night at 11 to tell him that you wanted to take him on a picnic breakfast in the nearby forest. He agreed, expecting you to oversleep and forget about asking him entirely. Unfortunately for Izuru, you were up and at it and ringing his doorbell like a mad man at 8:30. He answered, inviting you to wait inside as he finished getting ready. You both walked back to your house (two houses over) in order to fill your picnic basket, wanting to make all the food and fruit fresh so it was a more pleasant experience. 

"Hey~Kamukura! Think you can carry the blanket? I promise I found us a shady spot, I know you don't like super bright and open places." You asked, closing the picnic basket over and holding the white and blue blanket up to Kamukura. You smiled brightly as he gave you an "Mm." in response. "Great, thanks!" Keeping your warm smile on your face, you walked and lead your elite friend to the door, stopping to make sure you both had everything you needed. 

After all your prepping, Izuru and you finally set off, you humming quietly to yourself as Izuru watched you intently. He was captivated by the swishing of your (h/l)(h/c) locks as you bound down the street happily. How was someone so happy all the time? This world was worth nothing in his eyes, but to you, you treated everyone and everything with gentle kindness. He didn't get it at all, but he was drawn to you nonetheless. You became friends in your second year at Hope's Peak as a reserve course student, but Izuru swears he forced you into it. 

He just...saw you laughing. You were surrounded by Ultimates, and you weren't cowering in fear or respect, you were smiling and laughing with them, like you were an Ultimate yourself. Izuru was floored by how you were acting. He saw your uniform, reserve course. The pin on your blazer, reserve course. Your overall plain aura, reserve course. He knew nothing spoke out about your character that you had some special hidden talent, you were just...normal. But something about the fact that you weren't bowing to your superiors surprised him. He was so stuck in his ways, he judged you merely by your class. You never knew, but the moment he laid eyes on you, you shattered his whole system. Reserve course students were supposed to get out the Ultimates' way, bow down before them, serve them. Humans were boring, and unless they could better the world, Izuru saw them as useless, pointless even. But you were nothing like any of the other students that just stare.

Izuru started moving on his own, like his brain wasn't connected to his body. "You." He said, hushed. The other Ultimates looked at him with uneasy gazes. Your face however...smiled at him? You smiled, giggled, and waved hello to him as your peers looked tense. Surely you knew who he was? The ultimate Ultimate. And here you were, treating him like an equal. He almost thought for a moment he enjoyed your reaction, but instead broke character and hustled off in a caught-off-guard mess. What just happened?