Chapter 3:

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

I am BACK at updating once again! Super pumped to be writing once again. I’m hoping to get at least one or two updates of this story done every week. Hopefully I don’t slack off, since I tend to do so. (I’m trying to follow my new year’s resolution here loool). Enjoy the new update, comment and vote as well!

Dislcaimer: There's alot of swearing towards the end of the chapter. 

Stay Strong <3 and Enjoy!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Recap:

Surprisingly I had never been at the Consol, considering the fact I’ve lived in Pittsburgh for quite a while now. Dreams are imaginable things that just let go of all the pain like cutting or drinking, and just replace it with peace and happiness like Curtis Lazar’s smile. When you cut, drink or dream it doesn’t last as long as we would love to and then reality comes back and slaps you back in the face. Little did I realize that life was going to slap me and reward me with something I had dreamed of for a while now.  

I wake up to see my sweater seeping with blood. I get a mini heart attack. Oh it’s just the blood from my cutting session yesterday. I hurriedly pull off my sheets and sweater and throw them out in the garbage. Nobody could see the blood or else, I was going to get into loads of trouble. Well, there goes my grey sweater. Thank the lord for having rich parents because none of them could care less about why there’s a grey sweater and white sheets in the trash can.

I cleaned up the cuts on my arm and began getting ready for the day. I threw on a pair of skinny jeans and a sweater like usual. It was a cloudy and possibly rainy day in Pittsburgh and fit my mood perfectly, since it was quite dark outside. After getting rid of all traces of blood, it was time for me to head out to school. Throwing my books into the backpack and climbed into my car. I left hell to go into another hell.

***

            *Ding Ding Ding*

The bell rang to signify the end of a horrendously boring chemistry class. I slowly put my books into my backpack, waiting for the other 300 people to leave the room. After all, I had no rush, nowhere to be at this moment. The crowd at the door had thinned, as I slung my backpack over my shoulders and head out of class.

I wandered around campus aimlessly. The whispers followed me everywhere, I turned around frantically to see who it was and they got louder. There was no one around, everybody was on their way to wherever they had to be next. I squeezed my eyes shut and shook my head trying to get the voices to shut up. There was something really wrong. I open them to see a small crowd to have formed.

Just like in nightmares, there was a crowd around me formed in a circle and I am trapped in the middle. I turned around in 360° and realized that all eyes are on me. Immediately my stomach began moving like a storm on sea, my throat closed up. The crowd in front of me began getting blurrier by the minute. I have no voice, no voice to cry for help. The laughter was distant though, my ears were filled with the sound of running blood. I balled my fists up and pinched myself.

“Hey Attention seeker!" What do you got there?”

“You think your better than us bitch? Just because your parents got all the money here”

“Do you want to know why your such a freak? Erica answer that for me”

“Well bitch, you probably do realize that your relationship with god is so distant that he decided to make you a freak.”

On cue, everybody began pointing fingers and laughter filled the air. Everybody simultaneously began chanting freak. There was nowhere to run. I dropped my bag and my legs buckled underneath me. The circle was so tight there was nothing to see outside the circle. In the distance, people walked away oblivious to the entire scene.

“WHO THE FUCK DO YOU GUYS THINK YOU ARE DOING?! YOU THINK YOUR COOL BULLYING A GIRL. SHAME ON YOU.”

She poked at the leader of the entire group. Everybody on cue shut up.

“I EXPECTED MORE OF YOU! YOU’RE DISGUSTING! PICK ON SOMEONE OF YOUR OWN SIZE. GUESS WHAT JACK, IM FUCKING DONE WITH YOUR BULLSHIT GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE AND IM BREAKING UP WITH YOU! YOU DIRTY BASTARD!”

She slapped him in the face and kicked him in the balls.

“FUCK YOU! NOW AS FOR EVERYBODY ELSE! IF YOU WANT TO HAVE KIDS IN THE FUTURE, LEAVE BEFORE I CHOP THEM OFF YOU DISGUSTING ASSHOLES!”

The crowd began spreading and breaking up. The whispers got louder and I cradled myself and silently screamed. A small girl about 5 feet walked up to me and held out her hand.

“My name’s Alisha, Alisha Allison. I’m sorry about what my ex did to you back there. He’s a disgusting piece of shit. I hope you can forgive me about what happened today. Nobody deserves to be treated like that.”

I look into her eyes to see sincere and honest feelings, no pity no lies lurking behind them. I smiled weakly and extended my shaky hand and shook hands. The sky started tearing up sad little droplets and the campus got darker.

“It’s alright, you don’t have to be sorry about him. My name’s Scarlet Jones. Thank you, for everything.”

“You don’t have to thank me for anything. It’s a human right to stand up for someone else. I’ve been bullied before as well, so I understand how you feel. Can we be friends?”

Friends. The word echoed in my mind. It was a weird word to say since I never really had real friends in my life before. I have always been the outcast and part of the quiet ones.

“S-u-r-e.”

I stuttered, nervous of a new step I was going to be taking in my dark life.

“We should get going eh? It looks like a full blown storm is coming our way.”

Alisha looked up at the sky, then down towards me and extends her hand helping me off the ground. I wiped off the dust on my jeans and slung my backpack over my shoulder. With a glimmer of hope that maybe, just maybe one day it’ll all get better. I wiped away my small tears as I walked alongside my first and new best friend, Alisha Allison.