Chapter 5:

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

Hello everybody, I’m sorry for the lack of updates. I’ve been catching up on a few classes that I have fallen behind in. anyways I hope you enjoy this update. From this chapter and onwards I am going to be moving my author’s notes to the end of the chapter.

Stay Strong <3 and Enjoy!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Recap:

We both began walking out of class, as we made it into the clearing. I see Alisha carefully watching every move as we walk towards her. Her face read many different emotions. I felt my stomach drop as we got closer.

“Star…”

James POV:

            I walked down the hall to see Scarlet Jones, the best friend of the girl I have loved since freshman year hurrying to our health class. I decided to change up my spot instead of sitting on the middle left I would sit with Scarlet in the middle. I pulled the chair back and took a seat next to her. She turned her neck to see who was sitting beside. Her face wore a confused expression. I decide to introduce myself.

“Hello, my names James, James Carleton. I don’t know if you know me but, I am the captain of the Duquesne Dukes hockey team.”

I held out my hand for her to shake it.

“Hey, my name's Scarlet Jones. I’m just a student here at Duquesne.”

She extended her hand out and shook mine. Her hands held friendly warmth then I retrieved my hand.

It’s nice meeting you here. I see that you are quite a big Pittsburgh Penguins fan.” I look down to see her Pittsburgh Penguins hoodie and bracelet in her right hand that was clutching a black pen.

“Oh, yes. I sure am. There like my kids to me.”

She laughed along.

“Attention students! Class is about to begin. Good afternoon everybody. Hope you all had a great lunch and are ready to pull through a 3 hour lecture today. Let’s get started.”

Health class turned out to be a really boring lecture.

‘Pssst...’ I nudged Scarlet’s arm.

“Do you want to play tic tac toe?”

“Sure. This class is so boring anyways.”

She pulled out a notebook full of doodles and flipped open to a blank page. I grabbed a red pen and she grabbed a black. We played a few games of tic tac toe and then try to go back and pay attention in class. she sat typing away. I looked around to see part of the class fast asleep in their chairs. I checked my phone to see class was out in five minutes. I tossed my notebook and pens into my backpack and stood up to head out of class as the bell rang and the students stood up to leave the boring class. I needed to become friends with Scarlet.

“Hey Scarlet, I was wondering if we could exchange numbers. We should hang out sometime?”

“Sure! Why not.”

I passed my phone to her and she passed me her phone. I typed in my name along with my number into her contacts. Scarlet seemed pretty excited to have my number, but it didn’t look like she was excited for herself. We walk out of class into the fresh Pittsburgh air. There stood the girl I have loved since the beginning of freshman year, in the courtyard carefully watching us walk towards her. I look over at Scarlet and her face was pale as white sheets. I stood confused and then I read the jealousy written all over her face.