A Serpent and His Rose [An Unlikely Pairing]

You couldn't believe your so-called "friends." In an instant they seemed to not exist. Even though you didn't like them too much, it still hurt a little bit inside to be so alone. Well, almost alone.

"Someone looks pissed." you heard Harry say. You turned around to see him leaning against the wall.

"What are you doing?" you asked, glancing around to make sure nobody saw you.

"Waiting for Ron and Hermione. They were supposed to meet me about 10 minutes ago, but they get... caught up in stuff some times." he said, smirking. You laughed. Harry has told you all about Ron and Hermione's relationship.

"Well I'll hang out with you for a little bit." you said.

"Are you sure the Slytherins won't kill you or something?"

"Nope." you said brightly, setting down your bag.

"Look, I get that you aren't into all this Slytherin stuff. But from my own experiences, it's no fun being an outsider in your own house." he said. You thought back to the time when everyone thought Harry was the heir to Slytherin, a concept so totally stupid you never believed it for a second.

"You seem to be forgetting something Harry. I don't like anyone in my house."

"Oh well that just changes everything, doesn't it?" he said sarcastically.

"If they want to make my life hell, I really don't care. Like I said before, I probably won’t be here that much longer." you said.

"You really want to leave early?" he asked.

"Why wouldn't I?" you asked.

"I don't know..." he said quietly. You heard the Great Hall doors open, signaling the beginning of lunch. Noise erupted from shuffling feet to doors opening and closing from up above, and you knew it was time to go.

"That's my signal to leave." you said, picking up your bag.

"Andy. Just... don't leave too soon." he said. You raised an eyebrow.

"Why?"

"Well, right now you are the only person that makes this place tolerable for me, as well." he said, smiling kindly.

"Thanks Harry." you said, kissing him on the cheek. "See you later."

*    *    *    *

"Well look who it is!"

You entered the common room to find Adam calling you over.

"Hey." you said, sitting down on the couch where he was at.

"Haven't seen you around much. Are you avoiding me?" he asked.

"No. I'm not avoiding you--" but just then you saw Draco and Felicia enter the room. You looked away.

"Ah so that's who you are avoiding. Stupid of me I guess." he said. You stood.

"Yeah well, I'll just put my stuff up." you said, turning toward the dorms. Kasey and Tammy were whispering right by the staircase, glancing towards you. You couldn't help but feel self concious at how many people were watching you right now. It was overwhelming.

"Hey--" Adam began, coming up behind you.

"You know, I feel like a walk." you said, and with that you left the room. You reflected as you walked down the hall. You had never experienced that before. It was like the room was closing in on you, everybody's eyes watching you. You found yourself making your way up the stairs, story after story until you came to a stop at the 7th floor. You walked randomly until you caught sight of the Fat Lady's portrait. You began to walk up to it when you stopped. You didn't know a password. You couldn't ask a Gryffindor for one. What were you thinking coming up here?! You decided to turn around and just when you thought you were free you ran straight into Hermione, Ron, and of course, Harry.