A Serpent and His Rose [Midnight Stroll]

"Wow I missed this place!" you said excitedly as you walked up to the entrance hall with Kasey and Tammy. You looked behind you to see Draco had gone back to his group of morons, with Pansy clutching onto his arm for dear life. He gave you a wink and you turned around quickly. You felt something odd, and you touched your face. It was hot.

"Why are you blushing?" Tammy asked suddenly.

"I'm not blushing. Why would I blush?" you asked, brushing it away. She narrowed her eyes but continued walking and didn't say another word about it. You entered the Great Hall and snagged the seats in the middle of the table you always sat in. You looked over to Draco and saw him trying to shake off Pansy. You felt sorry for him to be stuck with her, and waved him over. He seemed surprised but immediately walked over. You scooted over a bit so that there was only room for one person and Draco slid in.

"Drakie! What about me?!" Pansy asked, hands on her hips. Draco pretended to look around and you held back a giggle.

"Oh I didn't notice that! Well, sorry Pansy. Maybe you can go sit with Flint." She shot you a venomous look before walking towards Flint at the other end of the table.

"Thank you so much." He said.

"You owe me." you said simply, and turned back toward the sorting which just began. Every couple of kids that were sorted, Draco would whisper a joke in your ear and you would laugh, until finally there weren't anymore new students to sort. Professor McGonagall took the stool and the hat from the front and Professor Dumbledore stood. The Hall silenced at once.

"Well, we'll leave all the announcements until after the feast as I'm sure you all are starving. Let the feast begin!" you looked down at the table that filled with food and began serving yourself some salad.

"Honestly. Out of all this food you head straight for the salad?!" Draco asked, staring at your plate.

"Well, I can't look this fabulous eating that. Whatever that is. Plus, most of this is meat." you said pointing at several dishes on the table.

"So?" he asked.

"So? I'm a vegetarian." you said, taking a bite of lettuce and tomato.

"I didn't know that."

"Shocker." you said sarcastically. He smirked and continued eating his food. You finished up within 5 minutes, and got up.

"Where are you going?" Kasey asked.

"The bathroom. Do I need permission now?" you asked. You left them and walked to the bathroom. You washed your hands and examined yourself in the mirror. You shifted your robes, but they were still uncomfortable. You couldn't wait to get upstairs and change. You left the bathroom and somehow wasn't surprised to see Draco leaning against the wall.

"You stalking me now?" you asked.

"I'm just interested, that's all." he said, standing from the wall.

"Interested in what?" you asked.

"Well, I've overlooked the fact that you're a dancer and a vegetarian. Who knows what else I'm overlooking?" he said, holding out his arm. You took it uncertainly, and he led you toward the grounds.

*    *    *    *

"You are SO right! I don't know how I've resisted you this long!" you said sarcastically, holding back laughter. Draco straightened up and kicked the stick that he just nearly tripped over away.

"Oh funny." he said. You locked your arm with his again and kept walking, head resting on his arm. "It was your turn." he added.

"I don't think there's anything else." you said.

"Sure there is."

"Well... I'm left handed!" you said. He laughed.

"Something a little more important maybe."

"Well, my parents are trying to get me to work at the ministry with my father." you said dully.

"And from the tone of your voice I'm guessing you don't want to."

"Correct. I want to be a dancer!" you said, leaping away from him and landing gracefully, rolling down to lay in the grass. He followed and sat next to you.

"So be one." he said.

"God I wish it was that simple." you said, and you sat up and began to take off your robes.

"Woah." Draco said, although he didn't seem to mind.

"Okay Mr. Dirty Mind! I have my shorts and sweater on under these. Don't get any ideas!" you laughed as his face fell. You threw your robes to the side and lay back down.

"I got an offer from a dance company. They want to see me in a showcase next summer."

"That's great. Why don't you?" Draco asked.

"Because..." you said, but decided not to elaborate.

"Okay... Well if it makes you feel any better my father also wants me to do something I don't want to do." you looked to the side at him and you saw a completely different person from the Slytherin Sex-God.

"You almost seem normal." you said. He looked at you questioningly. "It's just, you know. You're having a conversation without trying to secretly undo my bra." you both laughed as you lay looking up at the sky.

"I'm not that bad." he said. You doubled over in laughter. "Okay fine! I bet you 10 galleons that I don't try anything tonight!"

"Deal!" you said, shaking his hand. You smiled and looked out at the grounds. A cool breeze was blowing and you felt the air on your bare legs. You hugged them to your chest and watched the sway of the trees. You always loved the way they moved, like a dance almost.

*    *    *    *

"What do you mean you didn't get the password?!" you sighed frustratedly. He just shrugged and leaned against the wall. It was almost midnight before the two of you made your way back to the Slytherin common room. You sighed and slid down the wall to wait for someone to come and let you in. He sat next to you and took your hand, tracing little circles.

"You--"

"This isn't trying anything. Your hands looked soft is all. Just feeling." You shook your head, smiling and pulling your hand away.

"Yeah and my lip gloss is watermelon, why don't you taste it?" you asked sarcastically. He raised an eyebrow and you both laughed. You shifted, trying to get comfortable. You were dead tired and it didn't look like anyone was coming. You began to drift but knew that you were going to be sore if you slept this way the next day. You let your head rest on Draco's shoulder, eyes closed. Drifting off, you felt his hand pull your head up. You opened your eyes just as he planted a soft kiss on your lips. You were shocked when all he did was lean his head back against the wall again and close his eyes. You hesitantly put your head back and closed your eyes. Then a small thought came to you and you smiled.

"You owe me 10 gallons." you said quietly.

"You're worth it." he replied not moving. You couldn't help but smile and fall back asleep on his shoulder.