A Serpent and His Rose [Betrayal]

You worked hard to stop from crying as you crossed the living room.

"Not all sunshine and rainbows, I assume?" Felicia said, sitting with one leg over the other in a chair across the room.

"I can't believe you have the fucking nerve to talk to me." you said, advancing into the sitting room toward her.

"Calm down, we're just talking." she said, not moving.

"I don't want to talk to you."

"C'mon, you didn't honestly think that Draco was serious about you when he has me?"

"Felicia, every guy has had you." you spat. She stiffened a little but showed no emotion on her face.

"Draco’s family and my own have arranged for the two of us to be married."

"So?” you said. You weren’t surprised. Pureblood families often arranged marriages. From the way Felicia’s parents reacted when they met you, and Draco’s father’s actions back at Hogwarts, you had pretty much figured it out. Your own parents arranged a marriage for you when you were little, but you quickly nipped it in the bud when you realized what that meant.

"You think he loves you?" she asked, a smile playing on her face.

"I don't know. Does it matter, really?"

"You seriously don't know do you?" she asked, standing and walking toward you.

"Know what?"

"About the bet?" she said slowly.

"What bet?" you asked, curiosity overpowering your better judgment. She gave you a fake sympathetic look that made you want to slap her.

"Draco made a bet with his friends that he would shag you. You didn't know? Everyone knows about it." she sighed, walking past you and out into the hall.

"I don't believe you." you whispered, even though your insides went cold.

"Fine, don't believe me. Ask your beloved Draco yourself." she said, and from the sound of her voice it sounded like she had left. You were too shocked at this news that you sat on the couch in the sitting room, watching the snow fall from the window. You noticed the fire in the fireplace turn green, and you gasped when Adam walked out of the fireplace. He saw you at that moment and his face twisted in a surprised expression.

"What are you doing here? I’m sorry, did I scare you?" he asked. You unconsciously hugged your arms closer around your body and sank backwards into the sofa. He frowned at you.

"I'm here for Christmas." you said quietly, then sat silently and watched him.

"I'm here to see Felicia. But..." he trailed off, eyeing your shrinking figure. "I'm sorry." he said, coming toward you. You sank further back into the sofa, and a hurt look came across his face.

"She just left."

"Look, Andy." he said, sitting on the sofa next to you. Your instinct was to move, but you didn't.

"What?" you said, rather forcefully.

"I'm sorry. It's just..." he paused, watching your facial expression. "I guess I'm just not used to being rejected. I've always been this spoiled little rich kid who always got his way. When you said no to me I didn't know how to deal with it. I just kind of... crashed or something. I turned into this other person..." he trailed off. You saw that he wasn't trying to advance on you, and you uncrossed your arms and sat up from were you sunk into the sofa.

"Draco's a spoiled little rich kid, too." you said flatly.

"I know... I guess there's no excuse, really. All I can say is I'm sorry. I was a jerk. I totally understand if you never forgive me." he said, and with that he got up and began to leave the room.