A Serpent and His Rose [The Game Begins]

You couldn't help but feel anxious as Christmas came closer and closer. Draco hadn't said a word about it, just kept going on as if nothing happened. You started to worry if you could hold in your frustrations and questions any longer. You sat in the common room, looking over Draco's Transfiguration essay. He watched you hopefully as you read it. Finally, you looked up from the paper.

"It's okay. But can you do it?" you asked, rolling up the essay and handing it back to him.

"Ah! I can!" he said, and leapt up from the couch. You were amazed at how much more interested he became in the subject since you started helping him.

"Abragia!" he flicked his wand and the couch transformed into a dog. You clapped as he turned the dog back into a couch and sat down on it.

"I'm so proud." you said, sitting next to him and kissing him lightly on the lips before settling down next to him.

"Thanks for helping me. I don't know what my father would do if I got bad marks again. The only reason I'm in N.E.W.T. level is because of him, you know." he said. You nodded, knowing he couldn't have gotten through this far on his own intelligence in this area. "Andrea..."

"Hrm?"

"Well, Christmas break starts next week..."

"What?" you asked, sitting up. Your heart sped up a little bit, your attention fully on him now.

"Yes... Christmas. Well, the thing is... I'm spending it at the West's, but..."

"But?"

"Well, it would be a lot more fun if you came too." he said quickly. You couldn't believe you were hearing it aloud from him. You had been wishing he would say them for a long time, causing you to neglect confirming any plans for break. Your parents didn't make a big deal about Christmas, just a simple dinner and gift exchange. You knew they wouldn't mind.

"Yes, of course!" you squealed, leaping forward and hugging him. He was caught by surprise and you knew the outburst was extreme, but you didn't care.

"Great." he said, and you were happy to see a wide grin on his face. You pulled him into a kiss, far too overjoyed to pay any attention to the "rules" of their relationship. Two minutes came and went, but what fascinated you was that Draco didn't seem to want to do anything more than kiss. You smiled against his lips at this thought, and he pulled away.

"What are you smiling about? You aren't laughing at me, are you?" he asked, tickling your side as you sat in the chair with him, your legs resting over his lap.

"No! Stop!" you laughed, batting his fingers away. He stopped, his eyes connected to yours. He leaned in slowly, his eyes searching your face until he was centimeters away. He stopped, his eyes watching yours still, his lips barely touching yours. You closed the gap, and the kiss was soft and caring. You almost felt like he may just love you with that one kiss...

__________________________________________________________

Pansy walked into the common room, but stopped when she saw Draco and Andrea sitting in an armchair by the fire kissing. A flame burned insider her, her eyes flashing.

"Disgusting, isn't it? How lovey-dovey they are?" she heard from a dark corner next to her. She turned to see Adam, leaning against the wall.

"Quite. Why are you spying?" she asked.

"Same reason as you probably. Look at him. What she's reduced him to?! He's whipped." he grumbled in a soft but menacing voice so as not to be heard by the two lovebirds.

"I agree. Draco is hypnotized by her, bur why? She offers him nothing!" she exclaimed in hushed tones.

"She never acted like that with me..." Adam said, more to himself. Pansy eyed him questioningly. "She played me. For him." he finished.