A Serpent and His Rose [Suicide Bride]

The floor was freezing in this room. Your bare feet felt frozen. There was a faint mumbling, you couldn’t quite make it out. But it was annoying. You felt so cold, and you hugged your body. Your clothes were soaking wet. A puddle had formed and the water dripping from your sleeve began to soothe you.

Drip. Drip. Drip.

The echoing drips were interrupted by the mumbling again. Why won’t they shut up? But they didn’t listen. It was getting louder now.

“Andy? Andy!”

Hands grabbed your hands. They were a different color than yours. Yours were reddish. And moist. You looked at them for a long time, trying to decide whose hands these were.

“Andrea? Is she okay?”

“She’s in shock.”

You looked up. Draco stood in front of you, a scared look in his eyes. You smiled. But then you remembered why you were there.

“What happened Andrea?” he asked.

“I-I…”

It was too bright in here. It suddenly became very bright. Your mind began to focus. The room was frantic. You were in the hospital wing. Madame Pomfrey was in the back of the room with Professor Snape and Professor Dumbledore. Tammy was standing by a nearby bed, crying. Your fingers began to feel again. You shivered. Draco took your face in his hands and his eyes met yours.

“What happened?” he whispered.

You began to remember…

___________________________________________________________________

ONE HOUR EARLIER.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!”

You jolted up, your heart racing faster than you could ever imagine. You had never heard a scream like that, so terrified. You looked around the room to find the source of the noise, along with the other Slytherin girls in the room. There was hysterical crying coming from the bathroom at the end of the room. You jumped up and raced across the room, the other girls following your lead. Your thoughts were a jumbled mess.

Was that Kasey who screamed? It’s still dark out. What time is it? Water. The floor is covered in water. Why is the water red? What is Kasey doing up? Why is she on the floor? Is that Felicia on the floor?

“Andy!” Kasey shrieked. You ran and knelt next to Kasey. You touched Felicia’s hand. It was cold and lifeless. Bloody slits ran up her arms, along the veins. You were shaking. The shower was still on, and cold water beat down onto you.

“K-Kasey, go get P-Professor Snape.” you said, trying to keep your voice even. Kasey shook her head, crying. You grabbed her arms and forced her to look at you. “NOW!” you screamed. She got up and ran. You looked back at the collection of girls that were standing in the doorway.

“Felicia?” you whispered. You lifted her up, her body limp and heavy. Her head drooped backward, and you saw her chest rise slightly. “She’s breathing.” you yelled. Tammy appeared at your side, her face stained with tears.

“Tammy do you have your wand?” you asked urgently. She nodded, holding it up. Her hand was shaking.

“Do you think you could move her to the other room? She’s freezing.”

“I-I don’t know…” she said, looking doubtful. By the look of her shaking hand, you didn’t think she could do it. You looked over at the other girls.

“Okay… Tammy grab her legs.” you said, taking control. You hoisted Felicia up by the arms. You and Tammy lifted her and carried her out to the dry floor.

“Omigod omigod omigod…” Tammy whispered. The two of you set Felicia down gently. Blood seeped through your shirt, but you tried not to focus on just how much there was. You held Felicia in your arms, she was so cold. Suddenly there was a bang. The door flew open and Snape rushed inside, followed by a crying Kasey.

“What happened?” Snape asked urgently.

“We don’t know! We just found her like this!” Kasey bawled. Snape flicked his wand and Felicia rose out of your arms and into the air. Her body floated out the door.

“Whoever found her, come with me!” Snape commanded. You sat on the ground. You have never felt a person who was so lifeless. You shivered, and you couldn’t feel your limbs. You felt Tammy pulling you up, leading you as you followed Professor Snape.

______________________________________________________

PRESENT TIME

“Draco…” you whispered.

“What happened Andrea?” Draco asked urgently.

“She doesn’t know! We just found her.” Tammy said, coming over.

“She was bleeding…” you said faintly, looking at Draco. “Is she okay?”

Draco walked away to the bed. Madame Pomfrey was working double time, muttering spells quietly at Felicia’s unconscious body. Your stomach sank. You didn’t like Felicia, but you saw how hard her life had become. You knew this hadn’t been an accident.

Suddenly there was a loud gasping noise. Felicia’s body jolted alive. You felt like you had held your breath during the entire experience and you were finally able to let it out. Draco bent over Felicia and was whispering to her. She began to cry, and he put a hand on hers. That one moment was when you came fully back to reality. You suddenly felt uncomfortable, like you didn’t belong in that room. You slipped out quietly, and walked back to your dorm.