Chapter 44

John looked up and recognized who was walking up to his front door. He stood up and was about to make his way inside.

"Wait!" 

John stopped and turned around. 

"What do you want?"

"I just want to talk to you."

"Not going to happen. You nearly killed me. You expect me to just..........forgive you?"

"No. I don't expect any forgiveness."

"Why haven't the cops got a hold of you? You should be put away."

"I know how you feel."

"No you don't. You put me in fear of my life!"

"Can we talk?"

"No way. We're done talking. I'm calling the cops."

"Look, I was just angry at you."

"Why? What did I do to deserve to die?"

"You made that Jesus comment and it was the way yer lifestyle was."

"That Jesus comment wasn't supposed to mean how it sounded! Not to mention, that was 15 years ago! I went back to press and apologized! That's no excuse!"

"Your right. It's not."

"Leave. I don't want to see you anywhere near me or my family. I went through enough. Because of YOU, me and my wife have been fighting nonstop...."

"Your blaming me for your marital issues?"

"Yes because it all has something to do with what happened. Now, for the last time, leave."

John walked inside and shut the door. He went up to the couch and laid down on it. Then, he growled. It was the last thing he wanted to deal with. Now, he knew he wasn't safe in another country, where he thought he was. He didn't want to move either because he would be further away from his son, Julian. He didn't want to be further away. He wanted to be closer. 

Julian came in.

"Who were you talking to outside?"

John jumped and sat up. 

"No one. He left, anyway."

"No one? Not a good answer."

"Well its the answer yer getting. I don't want to get into this. Ye hear?"

"Dad, it was just a question. I won't ask if it makes you feel uncomfortable."

"Sorry for snapping at ye."

"Its alright. Want to go out?"

"No. Stay in."

"Why?"

"I still won't tell you. Get it?"

"Dad, calm down... I didn't mean for it to sound like what you didn't want to talk about."

"Sorry. Its a touchy subject. Just don't leave the house today."

"Everything okay?"

"Yes. Fine. Obey me and I won't have to kill you."

"Okay. Whatever you say. I'll just hang out with Sean the rest of the day."

"Don't sneak out either."

"I wasn't going to. What's got you scared?"

"I said nothing! Don't ask again. Its the last thing I need or want."

"Oh. Okay. Well, let me know if you want to talk about anything."

"That'll be a never. Well, not on this subject."

"Uh-huh. Okay."

"What were you and Sean doing while I was outside?"

"Oh, uh, I was teaching him to play the guitar. He's getting the hang of it.....sorta."

John laughed. "It'll take a bit to learn it completely."

"I know. Remember, I learned."

"Right."

Sorry this one is  a little short! Hope you enjoy it!