Chapter 6

John had lit a second cigarette right after his first. 

 "Ye'll kill herself faster that way."

 "I'm already dying. And I would've been dead last week had I not decided to come to when I did." 

 "You realized how much you loved us.........."

 "Yeh. I'm sure that was it Paul. I didn't want to leave you because I love you. That's yer logic?"

 "Yeh. You love it. Even if you don't right now, you will later."

 John just nodded slowly. "Right. Whatever you say."

 "So, how are you yerself doing?"

 "Fine. Why?"

 "I know better John. Yer not fine."

 "Why are you bringing this up now? I'm fine. More fine than I'll ever be....." He said giving a fake smile.

 "That is such a lie."

 "What's yer point?" John laid on the couch again. "Before you arrived, I was in the process of falling asleep."

 "Okay. We'll leave you and get back to the hotel."

 "I said you could stay here. How long do you plan on staying in town anyways?"

 "Uh, for me, another two weeks. So hopefully we can catch this guy before I leave."

 "Paul, leave that up to the cops. There's nothing much that can be done from here."

 "Actually, there is."

 "Care to enlighten me?"

 "Wait. See if he strikes again."

 "Maybe he got scared and went back to wherever it is he came from."

 "Maybe. but I doubt it."

 "Why do you think that about everything. those shots were probably not meant for me."

 "Did you or did you not say that he called yer name before you heard the shots?"

 "Okay. I take back what I said. Now, shut up before I shut that mouth of yers." John said shutting his eyes. "I'm tired but I can't sleep, my head is killing me, and only one question arises........where's George?!"

 "Oh. He's in town. Actually, he just got in this morning. Couldn't get away, having an infant and all that other good stuff. He phoned me the other day and told me he would get in town when he could. I can imagine he's tired from the trip and is probably asleep right now."

 "Well, you give him a message for me. Tell him to get his last butt off that nice comfy bed and come see me."

 "Here's another solution. Why don't you go see him?"

 "Because I'm also tired. I don't want to get up. I'm comfy."

 "Yeh. So is he. He'll visit you later."

 "Too long. I'll be asleep by then."

 "Yer loss."

 John put the rest of his cigarette in an ashtray. "I think I'll be going to sleep now. Stay here. Do what you want. Don't leave. If you do, I'll find you and the you down to a chat and gag you. Don't worry, I'll feed you."

 Paul rolled his eyes. "Yes sir. So, technically, we're yer prisoners until we leave right?"

 "Right. Now, sit and stay."

 "John, we're not dogs." Ringo mentioned.

 "Then don't act like one."

 It was quiet for a bit, allowing John to get some sleep. Paul and Ringo were both off to the side playing chess.

 "Wrong move Paul." Ringo said as he made a move removing one of the pieces.

 "Oh shut up. I don't have me mind with me."

 "When do you ever?"

 "If John wasn't five feet away sleeping, I would knock you out."

 "Eh. Go ahead. I could use the sleep."

 "Then ye'd wake up with a headache."

 "It would be just like a hangover. I've had one of those before."

 "I won't do it only because John might kill me for busting you in the nose."