Chapter 8

 "So, how long do you plan to stay in town?" Paul asked George .

 "Not long. A week at most. Maybe not even that."

 "Why not stay longer?"

 "Because I told Olivia I would stay a week."

 "Call her up. Say yer staying another week."

 "I don't know Paul."

 "George, it's the first time in ten years that we've regrouped as a quartet. Come on......"

 "Well..........alright. Alright. I'll call her up."

 "Great. I'm sure John wouldn't want us to leave once he sees us all there."

 "Probably not. But can I really stay two weeks without him driving me nuts?"

 "That's impossible. Both you and I know that."

 "We'll see. Anyways, ready to go up?"

 "No." 

 "Sure you are. Come on. He's not the same person he was ten years ago."

 "Oh? And how do you know that?"

 "I just do."

 "I wonder what the headlines on the news are going to be like now: "Beatles back together again?" with a question mark at the end or: "Possible Beatle Reunion!""

 "Well, this is technically a 'Beatle reunion' because we are together again."

 "Okay but I do wish it were under better circumstances."

 "Maybe we'll plan one later. A better one. But right now, we have more important things to do."

 They headed up to the apartment.

 "So.............never mind. I forgot my question." George said.

 "Yer old."

 "Ritch, yer older than me. Don't forget that. If you call me old, yer calling yerself old."

Once they got to the floor, they headed to the apartment. Instead of knocking, Paul opened the door and let the other two in before going in himself. The lights were still off so Paul knew he was still asleep. 

 "I guess you could make yerself at home right now. John won't mind. Trust me."

 "Okay. Whatever you say."

George was about to throw his bag on the couch when Paul stopped him. "Not there."

 "Oh come on. Why not wake him up?"

 "Because he's been through enough."

 "Right. So, how do you plan to spend the next couple weeks?"

 Paul sat down and took out a cigarette before answering. "Not sure. But I did tell the cops that I wanted to be kept informed about the situation. I don't want to leave until we catch this guy."

 "So, what's that mean? You want to help the cops find him?"

 "Maybe. I want him caught before I go home so I don't need to worry about John."

 George nodded as he set his bag down. Ringo walked up to John, took the note out of his hand and and threw it away. 

 "Looks like he won't need that." 

 "Want to see if he's still alive?"

 "Sure. Why not?"

 Ringo approached him again and put a finger under his nose to make sure he was still breathing. 

 "What's the verdict?" 

 "Alive and well. Although, he looks dead."

 "He's sleeping ye git."

 "I can see that."

 Then, a hand covered Ringo's mouth.

 "Shut up, the whole lot of you. I'm trying to sleep."

 "Sorry John but we brought someone here for you to see."

 "Unless it's George, they can wait."

 "Its George."

John opened his eyes and slowly sat up. 

 "Ey George. Good to see you........could someone flip on the light switch?"

Paul reached over and turned on the light. 

 "Hey John. Good to see you too. Looks like yer doing okay."

 "I guess so. I'm in pain right now but other than that, I'm fine. How are you and yer family?"

 "Oh, uh, we're doing okay. Paul convinced me to stay a while two weeks instead of staying only one."

 "Well, I hope yer stay in New York is pleasant and enjoyable."

"Like yers has been?"

"No. Not like mine. Well, my stay was enjoyable up until last week when I realized someone wanted me dead. "

"So, what do you want to do?"

"I don't know mate. I've been debating whether I want to stay here or go back to England. It's a hard decision because I like it here. No one bothers me and I never really needed a body guard to watch me."

"I guess that'll change right?"

"Yeh. For my own safety."

( Longer chapter than usual! Hope you enjoy!)