Chapter 1: New Student In Town

Book title: The Club

by YourWonderfulWriter

During the past summer break, my parents and I were thinking of switching to a different middle school for 7th grade. My 6th-grade experience wasn't too nice because I felt quite lonely and left out. I got bullied, and no one would stand up for me, and I was too scared to stand up for myself. Kids would make fun of my big and thick eyeglasses that I have to wear every day. I heard some kids talk behind my back and they say that the glasses I wear look like accountant glasses, which are thick and ugly to them. However, I don't have a choice. I have to wear my "accountant glasses" because I was born with weak eyes and have been wearing eyeglasses since I was in preschool and kids have been mean to me ever since then.

"Tasha, come check this middle school out, I think it's perfect!" my mom said.

"Really? I'm coming!" I exclaimed.

My mom and dad showed me the website of North Middle School. My mom said she heard this school was very good - not only in academics but also has a great variety of clubs. There might be some opportunities to make friends! I looked at the website carefully and we decided to give it a try. I was so excited that we finally found a school that might work for me. I was really lucky to have my mom and dad because they really cared about me. Many nights, they stayed up late to research the schools for me. I hugged both of my parents so tight.

It was probably around infinity times that I said: "Thank you! Thank you!..."

My parents smiled and said, "We love you so much and we just want the best for you."