Chapter 6: The Opening Speech

Ever since that day, we created fliers for our club, and then we put the fliers advertising our new club all over the school. On the club day, we were so surprised to see so many kids show up on the first day of our club. I had no idea that so many people felt the same way as I did - even Peter, who made fun of me, showed up to the club.

"Hello, and welcome to our club! Thank you so much for joining us today! We welcome and accept everybody. I know that it doesn't seem special, but what is special about this club is that we will accept who you are. For example, if you have a hard time finding the correct words, we will wait for you and help you. If you have a hard time reading things, we will read things for you. We will try different ways to get things to work out for you. You are you, and that's what matters. You don't need to copy other people in order to make friends. We can be your friends," me and Summer warmly said. I never saw such beautiful smiles before.

The club was a huge success, and from that day on, no one felt excluded. Word about our club spread quickly on social media, even quicker than wildfire. Summer and I were responding to kids from all over the world about how to have this club in their school to make sure that no one is excluded. Summer and I were glad to help all these kids feel happy and make them never feel excluded ever again.   

"Hey, Tasha, Summer can we have your club come to our school?" Someone commented on social media.

"We'd love to! 💕  " Summer and I replied.