15 | OAKLEY.

\-IRL-/
december 17th
5:31pm
(CW: flashbacks and talking about death.)

frances' eyes creeped open slightly. the sunlight that shined through the blinds from the sunset had awoken her, along with her pounding headache.

jess laid at the foot of the bed in an uncomfortable looking position. frances was sprawled out on the left side of the bed, half of her body hanging off. the bottle of vodka sat empty on the floor.

she attempted to stand up, but instead she fell on top of jess, resulting in them both rolling off of the bed. the only thing you could hear between the two were many profanities.

"oi, what was that for?" jess groaned as the pair stood up.

"'cause i fucking hate you, that's why,"

"someone drank a bit too much last night, didn't they?"

frances responded by flipping her off before heading off to the kitchen. jess, a couple moments later, followed behind.

frances was digging through the cabinets as jess entered the familiar kitchen. she didn't bother to even ask what frances was looking for, knowing that she would just get a snappy attitude from the hungover girl.

they ended up just eating cereal, it wasn't interesting since they ate in silence. the only time the silence broke was when frances asked where the ibuprofen was.

as they were walking back into the room frances remembered that she was planned to meet wilbur tomorrow. "jess?" she asked, turning around to face her.

jess looked up from her phone. "hm?"

"i know it's already six, but i didn't bring any like clothes to go out," she paused, waiting to see if jess would get what she was saying.

"you want to go clothes shopping, or raid my closet?"

"shopping, please?"

"I'M SO EXCITED! GO GET READY SO WE CAN GO," jess shouted. she then proceeded to shove frances out of the way. which embarrassingly made frances fall onto the hardwood floor.

the pair fell into laughs before jess bent down to help frances up. they trotted into jess' abnormally large room. she had an extra room that frances could have stayed in, but the pair had the type of friendship where people would think you're dating because of how comfortable you are together.

seventeen minutes later they were in the car and driving off to covet. they had found a pair of jeans that she could wear in jess' closet, but they just wanted a cute top now.

covet is a, well there's no better way to put it, very expensive store. let's take a moment and be honest with ourselves, frances makes a LOT of money. a lot more than the average person, to be honest.

with that said, jess and fran hopped out of the small red car that jess owned.

"what type, of like," jess paused to gather her words, "what type of style do you want, you know?"

"ah well— WOAH," frances nearly shouted as she spotted the perfect top. it was a orange/yellow top. it was like a triangle on her body, but you would tie it with the string in the back. it was chilly in brighton, she could just throw on a coat.