16 | IT'S BRIGHT.

(a/n)

hi! i'm so sorry this took excessively long to get out 😒😒

#depressiveepisodes&corona, am i right? 😫

i feel terrible about not updating, so i wrote this in a rush. i'm sorry if it's bad 😜👍

chubbo & chommyinnit

\-IRL-/
november 18
1:29pm

frances was awoken by a very aggressive shake from the one and only, jess. she was either talking about some guy named willis or talking about a wine brand? frances wasn't sure to be honest, or 100% conscious for that matter.

"so that's why i think wilbur is gonna kiss you tonight!" jess finished off her reasons.

wilbur. oh my gosh, wilbur. frances shot up out of bed. she didn't even have time to scold jess for her remarks. the only thing she was worried about right now was that she wouldn't have enough time to stare at herself in the mirror for thirty minutes and then change because overnight she decided that she hated the outfit. haha, insecurity, am i right?

now, jess has seen many impressive things in her life, but when she says that frances getting out of bed, pulling the clothes off of the rack, putting them on, doing a full face of makeup, and curling her hair, all under 30 minutes is the most impressive thing she has seen, she isn't lying.

the whole time that frances had been in a rush to get ready she hadn't even been thinking about the thought that she was actually meeting wilbur. so, now as she was closing jess' flat door, and was maybe a minute away from meeting wilbur, she was almost in tears.

the lift ride felt much shorter than normal. she had sworn that she had just pressed the lobby button when the lift was somehow already opening to reveal the lobby. she took a step out, then another, and then another.

well, looks like we are actually going. frances concluded, just being a few moments away from seeing wilbur. she pushed the front doors open, expecting to see a fairly tall man waiting for her, but instead seeing no man that resembled wilbur at all.

"alright! i get to go back, i—"her somewhat cheerful mumble was interrupted as she was brought into the tightest hug she has ever experienced, and she's had jess hug her.

"franceon," she turned around after the man had pulled away from the hug. the one and only wilbur soot stood excitedly.

"wilbur soot!" she clapped her hands together, then pulled him back into a hug. he smelt like that one middle school male teacher that you had a fat crush on. wait, that's a weird comparison. frances noted in her head as the pair began walking after pulling out of the embrace.

"it's sort of bright," wilbur observed.

"well, we are in brighton! uhm, you get it?"

wilbur let out a soft chuckle, "you're very socially awkward,"

"i learnt from the best,"

"who would that be?"

"you."

"is that supposed to be an insult?" wilbur tilted his head to the left, observing frances.