pt1

Later in the story

Athusa could have been happy with his lover. They had a plan to run away together. After plans were thrown off, Athusa's mind had changed, he was going to make every dragon pay for the cause of his torture.  He was never going to be seen as weak again.

He was going to be the strongest creature in all of Saverania

(Athusa POV)

"STAND STRAIGHT SOLIDER!!" Screamed a very large, spiked, grey dragon.  Athusa and his brother straightened their backs and held up their shoulders to show more strength.

"You're a PATHETIC excuse for a soldier and a DISAPPOINTMENT of a child" The grey dragon screamed at me.

I could see my brother furrowing his brow. 'Why does he even care, he should keep his face serious instead of rushing getting yelled at by our Mother'

"WHY can't you be more like you're bROTHER!? Strong and cooperative!" Our mother Criticized.

I kept my mouth shut and continued to hold a straight face of blank emotion. The yelling would stop eventually, It always does.  After all, this was just another day in our family.

We spend every day training to be in the king's army.  For hundreds of years, our family has sold the strongest family members to the army. We were naturally a strong breed of dragon. We had powerful shadow elements. Some could control their powers more than others.

Eventually, the yelling stopped and training was over. Arethusa and his brother Krager headed back to the house.

"Rough training huh.." My brother started.

"Yeah..." I sigh.

We stepped inside the house and once the door was closed, we were finally hidden from our parents.

"Now we can actually talk." Krager sat down. "It's nice to finally do something other than train for once."

"Yeah, today was kind of rough" I sigh and kick some stones on the floor.

"Hey it's ok, they're wrong about you...You just need more time to grow stronger." He tried to cheer me up.

'How sweet of him, trying to make me feel better...I hope he's right tho.'

The moon rose higher and both the dragons drove off into a peaceful sleep.