Chapter 11

(No one asked but I thought I would clear this up the year is 1976, all the characters ARE/ARE PLANNING TO BE in the order, minus the already established death eaters... I don't really like writing about the order and wont be writing about the meetings until they do graduate, nor the war. The war will come up, and will be featured LATER on in the story, love you guys hope you enjoy this chapter!)

Edited:3/13/21

edited: 2/19/22: the time was off so i fixed it, this fic has soo many imperfections I'm so sorry

~The Next Day, 4:00 PM~

Sam was sitting on her bed in her dorm, the rest of her friends where in their last class of the day. Sam had opted out of a extra class, instead getting a free period. She had her wand out, messing with the map she had found. She kept revisiting the names that were on the map. Moony, Padfoot, Prongs, and Wormtail, where had she had heard those before?

She had no success trying to figure out the parchment, but she knew it was hiding something. She jumped when a knock came from her door, "Who is it?" she yelled out. No answer came, "I'm not opening the door unless you tell me who it is, I'm not stupid." she said sitting back on her bed, waiting for a answer. "Its Remus."

She jumped up from her bed looking for a place to hide the parchment, she shoved it under her pillow and went to the door. A soft click could be heard when the door unlocked, she opened it quickly and was meet with 3 other pairs of eyes.

"Ah, when you said Remus I assumed just Remus. I'm not dealing with the goons today, Goodbye!" she said quickly closing the door and locking it. It took the boys a moment to regain themselves, shocked on how Sam just closed the door in their faces Again they knocked on her door.

"C'mon on Samantha! You cant avoid us forever, we live in the same place!" Peter yelled out. "Is that a bet? I know for a fact I could avoid you lot!" She snapped back.

They were quiet for a moment, "I'd like to see you try." James retorted. "Fine!".

Silence filled her ears, no snarky comeback, no nothing. She heard a small whisper from her door and put her ear too it, listening intently. "You couldn't just keep your mouth shut, could you James?" Remus asked annoyed. "Not my fault! I didn't think she would say fine! She's not really going to, right?"

"We have known her since she was 11, she can hold a grudge forever. Do you remember when I accidently spilled ink on her bag and apparently 'ruined' it? She didn't talk to me for three weeks, and that was just her being petty!" Peter responded. "It doesn't help she's already cross with us." Sirius chimed in.

"If she answered the damn questions none of this would be happening." James said. She scoffed at this, all she was trying to do was protect them, what's wrong with that? She could hear the boys continuing to talk outside her door, she decided to end her petty fight with the boys, wanting to get the impending conversation over with. She opened her door just to be meet with all four boys with their ears to it, they all had fallen into her dorm when she opened the door.

"You have some nerve! Trying to listen in like that, who do you think you are?" Sam questioned the boys. None of them answered instead helping one another up. Sam stood away from the lot, hands crossed over her chest. "Well, What do you want?" she asked.

"The letter, Sammi." James said looking at her with a stern gaze. "The book, Jamie.". They gave her a confused look, "What the hell does a book have to do with anything?" Sirius asked. "Oh, I thought we were naming things. I assumed you were wasting my time per usual with you childish games." Sam said, returning the annoyed look she was getting from the boys. She was determined to play dumb as long as possible, mostly to strike a nerve from the boys, making them annoyed always had been her specialty. 

"Goddammit Samantha, are you serious?" James asked, obviously annoyed. "James are you suffering from dementia? You just said my name, how could I possible be Sirius?" She said, a unbothered expression on her face. She knew they were starting to get angry, not wanting a fight, she toned the act down a tad. "You know why were here Samantha, the little letter you left in our dorm. You know, don't you?" Peter asked.

"You must be more specific, I know lots of things about lots of people." She said staring them down. "Really Sam?" Remus asked. "Well are you going to tell me what I know or not? Either way your wasting both of our time." Sam said.

"You know that Remus is... You know what Remus is, don't you? 'You're Not A Monster?'" James said to her. She looked over to Remus, who had a pained expression gracing his scarred features. "I see you got my note, you see it took a lot of effort to find the right words. I had to-" She was cut off by Sirius' voice, filled with venom. "How the hell did you find out?".

"Well first off lose the tone, I wont be talked too like that. And secondly I'm not stupid, and your not slick. You should probably learn to check corridors in the morning, or keep your voices down, not everyone will be as accepting as I am, and I mean that in the most caring way.".

The lot was shocked, Sirius had a expression of guilt on his face knowing it was him who had let it slip. Remus was quiet, it was odd to see him this way. He had no sarcastic come back, no snarky comment, but the fear he was feeling before was gone. "Remus, I meant what I said. Your no monster, you never could be. You four need to leave, classes end right about now and Lily comes straight to the dorm after class.". Remus looked at her, he had a expression of relief on his face and nodded, leading his friends out the door. "James?" Sam called out, he turned to look at her, "I think you made quite the impression on Lily, she hasn't shut up about it..". His face was no longer scrunched up in anger, but rosy with blush, he looked as if just got the best new in the world. Remus came back into the room, having to drag a shocked James out.

Sam sat down on her bed, feeling relived. Only moments later Lily walked in, "What was wrong with them? They were all acting sketchy!". She knew who she was talking about and just laughed, she knew it couldn't get better than that. The boys were not longer mad at her, James was still a lovesick puppy but now Lily was starting to feel the same. She couldn't believe how complete her life felt

And it would be like this forever.

WORDS:1167