Chapter 19

They had played games around the fire until no one could think of any dares that were worth completing. Everyone was exhausted at this point, and they bid each other goodbye retreating to their tents. Marlene was barley awake when Sam went into their tent, she was leaning on her cot, eyes closed. "Love, you awake..?" Samantha whispered. "No, I'm dead." Marlene mumbled. "Oh your so hilarious," Samantha rolled her eyes, "I love you.". "I love you too," Marlene said sliding down to lay on her cot next to Sam, leaning her head on her shoulder. "Night Sammi."

"Goodnight Marls." Samantha mumbled kissing her head.

___________________________

It was cold, the clouds told her that it had just done raining. The leaves on the tree told her it was summer, July maybe. Infront of her was a house that was all too familiar, but she couldn't place it.

It was eerily quiet, she looked around and then saw it, a strange symbol was above the house emitting a grotesques green into the sky. It was a skull with a large opened mouth, a serpent coming out of it, hissing violently.

She couldn't at all control herself, it was as if she was watching a movie. She could hear herself whispering, "Oh god, no no no..". She ran with speed she couldn't imagine to the house, apparently she had the keys. Her hands were violently shaking as she tried to open the door, she could feel the burn of tears falling from her eyes, the whispering had not stopped.

The door slammed open, and she stumbled inside. It was a lovely looking home, it seemed it must of had light at one point but it was left uninviting and cold. The walls had photos littered, and it was obviously a wizarding home. She felt herself walk into the house, she could tell she was meant to find something.

She stopped when she saw a ivory hand poking out of a door frame. That must be it. She slowly walked into the kitchen, and thats where she discovered the body of Monica and Claus McKinnon, and she suddenly knew why this house seemed so familiar. She could hear a muffled scream, it must of been her, and her knees felt weaker. "Marlene..?" She heard her voice yell out, stumbling to the stairs and going up them quickly as possible.

"Marlene!".

"Sammi?"

"Sam? Babe, wake up..".

Her eyes shot open, looking around and then meeting Marlenes. She was safe, they were safe. She grabbed Marlene pulling her into a bone crushing hug. "Woah, you ok there?". Sam nodded, not knowing if she really was. "I.. Bad dream.".

"You were crying, I was worried.." Marlene whispered, stroking Samantha's hair.

Sam just sighed, turning the dream over in her head. It had been so vivid, it felt real.

"There's going to be a war." Sam whispered. Marlene was quiet for a moment, before she sighed. "Yes, there is going to be a war.". "Were going to die, y'know." Sam sniffled. 

Marlene was quiet, thinking over Sams words and held her a bit tighter. "You wont. Your too important, love." Marlene whispered. "Those dead muggles were probably important too" Sam whispered. Marlene sighed, "You've always been so morbid.. How about we just say were both going to live? Just for a nice thought."

"Were both gonna live." Samantha sighed, Marlene just grinned a bit, wiping away the tears on Sams face. "Yep, were going to live. And we will have jobs, and nice house in Hogsmeade maybe.. We'll probably work together because I couldn't stand not being able to annoy you, and were going to be happy, I promise.". Samantha laughed at the thought, "Imagine if I do go to Hogwarts to work, poor Minerva..". "Poor Minerva?!" Marlene asked, offended "Ill have you know Minerva would love us being there! And I'm not that bad.". "Of course, love" Sam leaned back on the cot, and Marlene followed suite. They sat in silence for a few minutes both thinking over the possible future, "Marlene?". "Uh oh, no nick name. What's up?".