Chapter 13

song I recommend listening too for this chapter: Things That I Miss by awfultune. 

Marlene had stayed with with Samantha as she cried, urging her to tell her the matter, but she couldn't bring herself too. She knew she would have to accept it one day, but if she did that, if she talked about it, that meant it was real and it couldn't be real. How could he just leave so quickly? How is that fair?

She hadn't even realized when the tears had stopped falling, but her eyes were clear now and she could see the face of Marlene, worry written across it. "I'm sorry." Marlene was quietly repeating to her, holding her close. "Fuck.. Marlene..?". The blond girl looked up, staring into Sams eyes. "I let him die." she started, Marlenes face went blank, "I left him, for just a minute, I should've stayed.. I tried, I tried. I really tried.." she sobbed. Marlene held her close, whispering into her ear, trying to comfort her. "Sam, who?" she asked the sobbing girl. "Damon, last summer.. I tried, Merlin I tried. He must of fallen asleep, if I was there... I tried to help.." she whispered.

Marlene didn't know what to say. Here was her bestfriend, someone she thought told her everything, laying her soul out reveling things she never knew about. "Why didn't you tell me?" Marlene asked. Sam just kept her head down low, 'because you would've looked at me different, and I don't need your pity." she thought to herself. "You never asked." she simply said, Marlene scoffed at this. Marlene looked down at her friend, she seemed smaller, more fragile. She carefully picked her up, walking to her dorm. "Marlene? Put me down.". "Hush, your so fucking stubborn." she said opening the door to the girls shared dorm, walking in and setting Samantha down carefully on her bed. "I'm guessing you don't want people to see you crying, you know the common room isn't the best place to breakdown.." She said giving her a half hearted smile. Sam chuckled hollowly, "I'll tell the professors your sick if you want? Bring you your homework..". Sam just starred at the ground, silently arguing with herself. At the time telling Marlene seemed to be the safest option but now that she had done it, she regretted it deeply.

Marlene had bent down next to her, holding her hand. "Do you... want to talk about it?" she asked slowly. Sam nodded her head no, scared that talking about it would break her, "Ok.. do you want me to stay..?". Her head went up, looking Marlene in her eyes, she could see that she felt pity for Sam, she ducked her head again, ashamed. "I don't need your pity, Marlene." She said shaking her hand off, "I've been fine without you.".

"I haven't been." Marlene confessed, bashfully.

Sam could feel heat on her cheeks, what the hell was Marlene doing? The butterflies in her stomach erupted when Marlene put her hand to her cheek, caressing her softly. Sam melted into her touch, the feelings she had pushed away for over a year came back in a instant. "I miss your voice, the way you laugh, how you chew on your lip when your concentrating, how you hum when your happy. I've missed you, all of you." she hadn't before noticed the tears brimming Marlenes eyes.

"Marlene, Stop.." She softly asked "You cant keep screwing with me, because I..." she stopped herself, the words almost spilled out. The ones she had said before but never in this way, but there was no denying it. She was in love with Marlene and had been since she had first saw her.

"Sammi..?" Marlene leaned closer too her "I'm not..". Marlene put her forehead onto Sams, holding her even closer. She could feel her soft breaths on her face, her long sandy hair tickling her face. "Don't do anything you'll regret." Sam warned, staring into Marlenes bright, blue eyes. Marlenes hand left her face, brushing across her lips.

They both leaned in, stopping in the middle barely a inch away. "You ok with this?" Marlene whispered, her breath tickled Sam. She didn't answer, instead grabbing the back of Marlenes head softly, meeting her in a long awaited kiss. Marlene was shocked at first, but quickly meet Sams pace, kissing her back just as passionately. 

Sams skin was on fire, the butterflies in her stomach making her giddy. Marlenes lips were soft, this was nothing like the other kisses she had experienced, this one was pure attraction, dare even say pure love. She tasted like cherries, it was intoxicating, and Sam was more than happy to get drunk off of it.

Both girls slowly pulled away, breathing heavily. They both stared at each other for a few seconds, lips puffy and red tinted. "What the hell does this mean, Mar?" she asked. Marlene studied her face, not truly knowing the answer. She had never meet someone, at least she didn't think she had, who felt the same way she did, different. Sometimes she would wonder if there was anyone out there for her, and now she knew that person was Samantha Riteen. "I love you. I know I messed with you, but I have known you since we were 11. And I love you Sam." Marlene confessed "I'm sure of it."

Sam starred at Marlene, searching for a sign that her words were true. Marlene stared back with the same intensity, as if saying 'try me.'. Sam lowered her gaze first, she could hear her heartbeat in her ears, but there was still a part of her saying to run, to not take the chance of getting hurt. Marlene could tell, she always had been able to see through Sam, and cupped Sams chin, raising her gaze to meet her own. "Lets just stay here, I'll get Lily to take notes?" she said it as if asking for permission. "Sure Mars, wait.. Don't tell Lily, about us..? Please, its just.. I want to be with you, I do, but I'm still scared." Sam confessed, ducking her head down. "Ok.. I wont, I'm scared too." Marlene confided, "But, I know I love you, and thats enough for me." and with that she left the room

Sam layed back on her bed, thinking about the events of the day.

'What the hell just happened?'