Chapter 15

Published: 3/16/21

Words:1505

A/N: Hope you enjoy this chapter, I have many new ideas to make this story enjoyable, so make sure to stick around! Sixth year is coming to an end...

They both carelessly laid on the small bed, limbs tangled, out of breath. Samantha was at the end of the bed, while Marlene was at the top. The room was quiet, the only sound was their breathing, that was until Marlene started to giggle. Sam couldn't help but burst out laughing too, "What's so funny?" She asked in between laughs. "It was too quiet! I couldn't help it!" Marlene giggled.

Sam sat up, the thin sheet covering her, she grinned at Marlene who was still laughing. "What time is it anyway?" she asked. Marlene calmed down a bit as she looked for her watch. "Uhm... Its 2:10. We missed lunch! No fair..".

Sam just shook her head at the girl, unbelievably happy in this moment. "Come up here, your too far away." Marlene told the girl, grinning. Sam sighed, moving from her spot into Marlenes out reached arms. She melted into the embrace as Marlene rested her head on her chest. "This is nice.". Sam hummed in response.

After minutes of peaceful silence in each others arms, Sam reached to the side, grabbing an old book. She carefully skimmed the pages, trying not to move Marlene who looked so peaceful.

"What are you reading?" Marlene mumbled. "A collection of poems, by Edgar Allen Poe, I borrowed it from Lily.". "What is your favorite one?" Marlene asked tiredly. "'Annabel Lee'.". "Read it to me." she whispered. Sam sighed, carefully brushing Marlenes hair away from her face.

She continued to stroke Marlenes head as she read her the poem,

"It was many and many a year ago, In a kingdom by the sea, That a maiden there lived whom you may know By the name of Annabel Lee; And this maiden she lived with no other thought Than to love and be loved by me. 

I was a child and she was a child, In this kingdom by the sea, But we loved with a love that was more than love— I and my Annabel Lee— With a love that the wingèd seraphs of Heaven Coveted her and me. And this was the reason that, long ago, In this kingdom by the sea, A wind blew out of a cloud, chilling My beautiful Annabel Lee;

So that her highborn kinsmen came And bore her away from me, To shut her up in a sepulchre In this kingdom by the sea. The angels, not half so happy in Heaven, Went envying her and me—Yes!—that was the reason (as all men know, In this kingdom by the sea) That the wind came out of the cloud by night, Chilling and killing my Annabel Lee.

But our love it was stronger by far than the love Of those who were older than we— Of many far wiser than we— And neither the angels in Heaven above Nor the demons down under the sea Can ever dissever my soul from the soul Of the beautiful Annabel Lee; For the moon never beams, without bringing me dreams Of the beautiful Annabel Lee; And the stars never rise, but I feel the bright eyes Of the beautiful Annabel Lee; And so, all the night-tide, I lie down by the side Of my darling—my darling—my life and my bride, In her sepulchre there by the sea— In her tomb by the sounding sea.".

Marlene had stayed silent the entire time Sam read to her, "Thats sad Sammi.". "I know, Marls. Thats what makes it so heartbreakingly beautiful.". She was quiet for some time, Sam continued to stroke her blond hair. Marlene shifted, sitting up on the bed to look the other girl in her eyes. "What do you think happens when we die?" Marlene asked. Sam was a bit taken aback at the sudden question, she thought for her answer for some time. "I don't know,  I'd like to think we go somewhere nice, with people we loved once, no more pain, no more tears." she answered. "Thats nice." Marlene whispered, sinking back into Samantha. "Why do you ask?" Samantha asked. "Your poem, I don't know why but it reminded me of us. I'm scared for the war Sam, I don't want to lose you." Marlene whispered.

Sam tightened her grip on the girl, holding her close as if any second was their last, because soon that would be their reality and she would be dammed if she didn't relish every second she had with Marlene. "Your not losing me. None of us, not me, not Lily, not Alice, and not Molly. Your stuck with us, darling." she said, putting a finger under Marlenes chin, making her look her in the eye, "I'm here to stay.". 

They both closed their eyes, leaning in.

"God! You'll never believe what potion we had to- Oh god!". Lily always did have great timing.

From the shock Sam had fallen off the bed, she quickly slid her shirt back on, Marlene just laughed at her flustered state. "Shit- I'm so sorry Lily!" Samantha called out, mentally cursing herself. "I thought you locked it!" She asked Marlene who was in hysterics. "I thought so too, guess not!" She managed to say.

"James owes me a galleon." Lily grinned.

"Excuse me!?".

____________________________________________

"All I'm saying is to stop betting on my love life and not to tell James'!" Samantha said. She had changed into the first thing she grabbed, a jumper and pajama pants, Marlene was still in the dorm room laughing while Lily and Sam had stepped out. Sam was following Lily as she walked to sit on one of the couches in the common room. "But why not? Its not like we haven't suspected.." Lily said. "Please just don't tell anyone, me and Mar are still trying to figure this all out.. And you know how people are.." Samantha said. Lily nodded, "I understand, but just know I support you and I know James would too.. I mean he supports Sirius and Remus..". "Wait, wait, wait! Sirius and Remus?" Samantha exclaimed. Lily stared at the girl, "And to think, you were considered for Ravenclaw. Yes Sam, they've been dating for almost a year!"

"That explains ALOT!" Sam said, laughing to herself. At this moment the boys had showed up, running into the common room laughing and talking. All four sat in their usual spots, paying no mind to the girls. "What did you lot do?" Lily asked. "You'll see. Also, wouldn't go to the east wing of the castle for at least an hour." James said, putting an arm around Lily. Sam smiled at the girl teasingly, leaning over to whisper, "'Not in a million years would I date James Potter!' she said, 'Hes a arrogant toerag!' she said." Sam giggled. Lily blushed, "Shove off Sammi!" she whisper-yelled.

"So where's Marlene?" Remus asked, looking at Sam. "Why are you asking me? I'm not her keeper." Sam said. "She's your bestfriend." He said before leaning forward a bit with his eyebrow cocked, "And your wearing her Quidditch jumper. Just assumed you'd know.".

Sam's eyes widened a bit, looking down and indeed she was wearing her Quidditch jumper. She looked up, blushing and Remus just winked at her. She could see out of the corner of her eye Sirius laughing a bit, over hearing the conversation. At that moment Marlene chose that would be the best time to come out of the dorm, somehow she was still giggling. 

"Oh she was in your dorm, thanks for the answer Sam." Remus said. Samantha didn't even hear him, humming a answer. Marlene had made her way to Samantha, leaning over the back of the couch. "Can you help me with the Herbology homework? I forgot to do it, and really don't want to get detention for turning it in late." Marlene asked. Just as Sam began to answer, Lily butt in. "Oh I can help, I was just about to go and turn mine in!" Lily just smirked at the girls, having fun with her teasing. "Oh Uhm.. Thanks Lils, but I kind of want to work with Sam too!" Marlene said.

"Whys that Marlene?" Remus asked, catching up on the situation, Samantha sent him a look. "Because Sams my friend? And I always do homework with Lily! Gotta switch it up sometimes.." Marlene said quickly, Sam nodded. "Mhm, well ok. Have fun with your 'Homework'" Lily said, adding on to the last word. Both girls shot her a glare. 

Marlene took Sams hand, leading her back to their dorm.

For a moment the common room was quiet, "Was she wearing Marlenes Quidditch jumper?" James asked. "Mhm." Lily said. "I'm surprised Marlene didn't say anything.. She doesn't even let the house elves touch it.".

Lily looked at James for a moment, trying to see if he had caught on to what everyone else had. He hadn't. She opened her mouth to say something before being stopped by Remus, "Give him a minute.". The five had all dove into separate conversations, this lasted about ten minuets.

"OH MY GOD." James suddenly exclaimed, "ARE THEY?".

"Told you he would catch on." Remus said.