Part 6 - A secret talk

Lucy and her team had come back in the morning. Most of the day Levy, Lucy and the others talked and stayed in the guild. Gajeel and Juliana had trained again, but came back to eat lunch. Gajeel picked up a bowl of soup and handed Juliana it. He sat down with some iron himself.

"I'll ask Mirajane for a spoon," he mumbled as he saw the missing spoon.

"It's alright, I just drink from the bowl." Juliana declared and Gajeel sat down to eat.

Levy ate the salad she had chosen upon the soup. Juliana felt the bowl and lifted it to drink from, but dropped it with tremling hands. The warm soup poured out onto the table. A gasp came from her lips and she pushed her chair away from the table.

"Juliana, you all right?" Gajeel asked looking from the bowl to her.She stared in the air. Suddenly she changed and smiled bright.

"Upsy! How clumsy of me!" she laughed.

"What is wrong with you?!" Gajeel said angry.

"Everyone can spill sometimes, Gajeel." Lucy protected.

In return she got a death glace from him. Annoyed he sat down and ate. The episode was quickly overlooked as the talk went on. Juliana and Juvia went home early and Juvia came back. Gajeel disappeared at the same time.

"Why was Gajeel so angry?"  Erza asked.

"I don't know. It was just soup, not anything important." Lucy replied

"It's waste of food." Natsu declared

"But not a reason to be angry." Lucy said

Levy was curious: " So Juvia, you said you would tell us about Juliana."

"Oh yeah Juvia, how are you and Gajeel connected with Juliana?" Lucy asked with curiosity herself

"Juvia and Gajeel was Juliana's guild members of course." Juvia smiled

"You mean she's from Phantom Lord? I didn't see a mark on her." Erza said confused.

"No no, Juliana WAS member of Phantom Lord. She stopped long before we ran into you."

It would make good sense... Despite the fact that Phantom Lord was a dark guild. Juliana didn't seem like a bad person, Levy thought for herself. But then again, neither did Juvia. Gajeel was another story though.

Levy had a thoughtful face.

"What's wrong Levy?" Lucy asked.

"If she stopped before you, what was the reason she stopped then?" Levy thought out loud.

"I think you should ask her about that." Juvia answered.

Gajeel had come back. He ate iron in the corner. Levy considered to ask him about the episode with the soup but was too shy. Around afternoon Juliana came back too. She didn't say why she left early, but no one asked either. It became dark and some of the guild members began drinking. It was Friday after all. Cana was already at her third barrel. Master was in the guild too and joined the beer drinking

"So Juliana, you've been here in a week now. What do you think?" Master asked as she stood beside him at the bar.

"It's a good guild you have raised Makarov, I must say I enjoy listening to everyone in it." She answered. Master smiled proud and drank some more beer.

"Actually now that I've been here a week, I would like to talk to you about something," Juliana said.

"Go ahead,",

"Alone." Juliana looked serious. Master nodded and walked with Juliana upstairs.

After a while Master came back. Mirajane had noticed his disappearing:

"So where did you go Master?" she asked sweetly,

"I had a talk with Juliana, nothing more." Master answered. He had left Juliana upstairs. She needed a pause before coming down again, or that was what she had said to him. Juliana went to the bar again. Levy walked up to her.

"Why don't you sit down with me, Jet and Droy?" she asked. Juliana followed her to the table and began talking. 

Lucy walked up to them. "So Levy, what did you do while we were gone?" She asked as she sat down by the blue haired girl.

"I trained together with Juliana and Gajeel," Levy answered.

"Oh, okay." Lucy giggled.

Levy gave Lucy a glace to tell her to stop. She probably thought Levy had become better friends with him or something. Not that it would make a difference to their awkward relationship.

"Can I fight you too Juliana?" Natsu came over

"Well…" She hesitated. "Not now please Natsu."

Natsu's smile turned away.

"Um…"

"Yes Juliana?"

"It smells like beer… are some of you drunk?"

"We aren't" Levy answered, "But Cana is and …"

"Is the ones I've meet drunk?" Juliana interrupted.

"Not as far as I can see. Why?"

Juliana sniffed shortly in the  air: "Nothing."

______________________________________

I'm so glad for the comments and the reads guys! You don't know how much it means to me ^^ Well, we're getting somewhere now - wonder what Juliana is up to ;) See you my sweet marshmellows 

-linhaku