Part 17: Recovery

Back in the living room the two was talking in the couch. 

"I better get back to the guild. I don't want Master or the others to be concerned for us." Levy said. 

"You can just go. I'll stay and watch over Juliana." 

 "I can go shopping while I'm gone?" Levy slyly asked. 

"Shopping?" Gajeel wondered. 

"For food. If we have to stay here until Juliana wakes up, we might want some dinner." she looked away. 

"Ya know Shrimp, you don't need to stay here. I can take care of this if you don't.." 

"No." Levy was determined and shyly looked at Gajeel. "I would like to help both you and her. You will need to get out too. Maybe we can take turns?" She smiled slightly at him. 

He looked a bit surprised but then smiled. "Fine. But you might wanna buy food for more than one night then. Usually this takes its time." 

She nodded and got up: "See you later then!" 

She left the house, a little guilty for not being by Julianas site all the time. But at the same time she felt happy. Did Gajeel just offer for her to stay with him for a while? No, it's just because of Juliana, Levy convinced herself. Don't get the wrong ideas! She argued with herself on the way to the guild.

Gajeel went to see Juliana when Levy left. He found her breathing a little harder than before...

"Levy!!" Lucy ran to her good friend as soon as she stepped inside the guild. 

"Good grief you're alright! Are you hurt?" 

"I'm fine Lucy, thanks." Levy smiled. 

The two went to the bar. Levy looked towards Master, who nodded accepting as if saying 'well done'. Lucy and Levy talked for a while and went shopping groceries together. 

"We need to make a sleepover so you can tell me everything!" Lucy suggested while walking around in the city. 

"T-that would be nice Lucy..." 

Lucy sighed "But?" 

Levy looked down disappointed over herself for letting down such an opportunity. 

"I'm just so tired, maybe we can do it when I've gotten on top of this?" 

Lucy laid a hand on Levy's back. "It's okay Levy, we'll find another day - but we have to do it" 

Levy smiled: "Yes, absolutely!" 

She blushed a little by the thought of the development of her feelings for Gajeel, and how Lucy would loose her mind when hearing about it.

Levy followed Lucy home, saying goodbye just as a sound of Happy and Natsu was heard from inside the house. Lucy looked slightly angry to the window, smiled at Levy and ran to her room already shouting at the two intruders. Levy laughed a little to herself. Seemed like nothing really had chanced. Why should they? The question popped up out of nothing, and again her smart brain had caught herself in an interesting flow of thought. It had only been 1 day. It just seemed like so much had happened on that day. As if she was a whole other person before and after that. Maybe this was all just a side effect from her big lack of sleep. Or the ritual.

In her wondering she had wandered around and now reached Gajeel's house. She smiled and felt the warmth spread in her body. It kind of felt like home, but in a whole different way than her own room at Fairy Hills.

 "Gajeel?" Levy asked as she entered the front door.

She went to the kitchen with the shopping bag. Gajeel wasn't there or in the living room. Pantherlily came into the living room.

"Hey Levy." he greeted.

"Hi, I bought the groceries, did Gajeel leave or something?" She asked.

"He's with Juliana. He almost haven't left her side since you left."

"Oh."

He was so caring around Juliana, she wished it was around her instead.

"He's worried about her, she doesn't look too good. A break would be nice for him." Panterlilly suggested.  

 She slightly opened the door to Juliana's room. There he was, by the side of the bed.

"Gajeel, Levy's back!" Pantherlilly shouted from the kitchen.

She stepped back from the door. Gajeel seemed like he just woke up by hearing Levy's name. He rushed out  the door to greet her.

"Hi Levy," he said as he saw her, looking tired.

"Hi" Levy said and smiled "I brought the grocceries, as promised."

His eyes looked even more tired up close.

"Eh, are you alright Gajeel?" Levy asked worried.

He muffled something like "I'm fine" and went to the kitchen.

"You need a pause," Pantherlily said coming into the kitchen as well.

"I'm fine!" Gajeel hissed looking through the shopping bag.

"Well, I'm getting a little hungry. I will start cooking," Levy said and took the groceries in the bag. Gajeel went to the sofa in the living room.

"Ehm, where's the knifes?" Levy asked.

"In the third drawer from the right," Gajeel shouted back.

"Thanks". Not long after Levy asked after another thing. And another.

"The pans?" Levy asked.

This time Gajeel went up and into the kitchen and found a pan. Levy smiled at him as a thanks. He then started helping Levy with the food. As she was about to seasoning the stew, Gajeel grabbed her wrist.

"Not like that," he said gently and walked behind her still holding her wrist.

"You need to do it with passion. Hold it like this instead."

He moved Levy's hand and shook it a little. Levy could feel the heat from Gajeels chest and was very aware of his hand on hers. She blushed and looked down nodding. He helped her choose the seasonings to put in and the amount. The wonderful smell developed in the kitchen. He took a spoon of the stew, blowing it gently and giving to Levy

"Here, taste it, does it need anything?" Levy opened her mouth. The stew was delicious!

She smiled big "It's amazing Gajeel,"

He smiled one of his big toothy smiles with a "Gehe": "Dinners served then."  

_______________________________________

Finally, am I right ?

Oh god have I struggled to get going on this! I think a massive writers block and a stressing year have put me out of my writing skills... however I refuse to let this die without an ending

I'm working hard to put some more gajevy into this, but I don't want it to feel unnatural, so be patient ;)

Hopefully the next update will be right around the corner, I'm feeling inspired again

So I will see you soon my marshmallows

Love, Linhaku