Part 11 - Juliana's secret

The following day Levy and Juliana was practicing again. They didn't do much before Gajeel appeared again. Juliana had told him to come too. Levy watched as Gajeel had to force energy into a bubble over his head. It seemed difficult to him but still the bubble was quickly filled.

"This measures his magical strength," Juliana explained.

Gajeel had filled the bubble and was maintaining it.

"It is me who makes the bubbles, so that the magic you concentrate into this is not spilled anywhere. It contains the magic and lets it flow back into you when you're done." Juliana explained Levy. Levy began filling her bubble too. Juliana maintained the bubbles over their heads while watching them.

"Enough for today," Juliana said exhausted and let the magic flow back into Levy and Gajeel. She looked tired.

"So when are we going on the mission?" Gajeel asked as he stretched out.

"When you're both ready." Juliana answered.

"But aren't you asking for help, because you need it soon?" Levy asked.

"How long do you got?" Gajeel asked.

"As long as it takes for you to be ready." Juliana answered. She rubbed her eyes and started walking back to Fairy Hills.

"Hey Gajeel?" He looked at Levy.

"Ehm, do you know what's wrong with Juliana's eye?"

"Her eye?"

"It's probably nothing then."

"The left eye?" Gajeel stood up.

"Yes?"

Gajeel walked to Juliana. Levy followed. Gajeel went in front if her.

"Let me see the eye."

Juliana didn't resist as Gajeel removed her hair from the left eye. She had it closed.

"Ju!" he said.

She opened and revealed a stone. It was mostly black with a white dot. In one side it had something white with a black dot. The black dominated it though.

"I don't care about it and you shouldn't either." Juliana said.

Gajeel didn't look satisfied.

"Tell her." he said nodding in Levys direction. Juliana started speaking while her eyes still looked at Gajeel.

"Levy, you remember the song, right? This magic stone shows how much magical power I have left. It's a Ying Yang stone and in order to maintain a balance I have to cause equally pain and joy. It is black because it's time for me to do evil. But I can't and I won't. Therefore I made this ritual that lets me collect a lot of magical power from people I have contracts with. When collected I send the magic power back to its owners. Thereby I cheat this stone." Juliana told.

"You forgot something," Gajeel said. "There's a time limit. If she hasn't made the ritual before the stone turns completely black,"

"It's called if the Yang is taking over the Ying" Juliana interrupted.

"Let me talk Ju!!" Gajeel said angrily "The stone will take over her body and she will die ." Gajeel told Levy.

He looked sad and like he didn't want to care at the same time. Levy was shocked. She looked at the stone again. Juliana blinked and wore the stone like it was a normal eye.

"In fact I'm not sure whether I die. I might as well turn evil and be taken over by madness instead." Juliana smiled like it all was a big joke.

"How long do you got?" Gajeel asked quietly.

Juliana shook her head.

"Juliana please, let's start this mission at once so we can save you." Levy supported Gajeel's decision.

"We need to get going at once Ju!" Gajeel yelled.

"No! I will NOT set you and Levy at stake. We will do it when you're both ready!" Juliana yelled seriously.

"Juliana this is important! She can do it. Let's start now!"

"I said no and that's it. We are not doing it." Juliana said and placed her hair over the left eye. "You both have to be ready." She said looking Levy in the eye. She went to Fairy Hills.

Levy walked up beside Gajeel: "This is pretty serious am I right?" Gajeel nodded.

"She's going insane and kills herself if she waits too much more. She's so damn stubborn."

"Well I guess that is right for the both of you," Levy teased.

Gajeel smiled "Hey!".

Levy laughed. Gajeel punched her arm sweetly. Levy wasn't prepared and was about to trip. Gajeel's hand grabbed Levy's arm and pulled her on her feet with such a force that she stumbled into him instead. Gajeel stood solid with Levy leaning against his chest. Levy looked up in his eyes. They both blushed. Levy stepped back.

"T-thanks Gajeel,"

"My fault not yours." Gajeel looked away to stop the blushing but it didn't work. They both stood there not knowing what to say.

"I'll find Lily and train some more. See ya shrimp." Gajeel finally said and turned around.

"Wait!" Levy yelled. She looked shyly at the ground. "I mean, we have just trained. You shouldn't overdo it." Levy said.

"I can easily- *sigh * then what do you suggest?" Gajeel answered slightly annoyed.

"I don't know. I planned to do this all day. We could go to the guild?" Levy suggested.

"All right."

The guild was quite empty. Team Natsu wasn't there, and Jet and Droy had gone on a mission too. Gajeel sat down by a table while Levy went for some lunch to herself. Juvia sat next to Gajeel as Levy went back to the table. Juvia sighted with tears in her eyes.

"What's wrong?" Levy asked

"Gray-sama isn't noticing Juvia. How should Juvia get Gray-samas attention, when he isn't looking at Juvia?" she complained.

Levy walked to Juvia and petted her on the bag. "Don't worry Juvia. You just need to do something different." Levy thought for a moment "You see, boys are idiots in love. You should show him that you can survive without him. Stop paying attention to him just as he does towards you. Then he sees what he is missing when you're not around." Levy suggested.

Juvia smiled "When did Levy became so clever with boys?"

Levy laughed: "I'm not. It's just a suggestion. I just know that boys are idiots who need to get everything in with a spoon."

Juvia thanked and went off to find Gray. Levy sat down where Juvia was before and moved her plate.

"Idiots huh?" Gajeel teased with a smile.

Levy shrug her shoulders: "Well, you are!" She said with a smile and a laugh in her voice.

"Hey!" Gajeel said with a smile.

Levy laughed and ate her food.

____________________________________

A little more gajevy! Heya ^^ Hope it's okay to you guys? Since I already had all this ready, I thought I might as well publish it ^^

Have a wonderful day!

- LInhaku