11_ peskipiski pesternomi

That night in the Great Hall was exactly how Ed remembered it- the delicious food, the floating candles, and the brilliant night sky.

Of course, it was slightly hard to enjoy everything when her friends kept urging her to try out for Quidditch, which they had done on the train as well.

"Come on, at least try out," Malfoy said.

"How many times do I have to tell you guys I'm going to wait unit next year?" Ed asked annoyed.

"Well, clearly you haven't done it enough, otherwise we would've stopped asking by now," Lance said.

Malorie, who was sitting beside her, also gave Ed a look saying that she agreed with the boys.

But no matter how much they bothered her, Ed was glad to be back in the company of her friends.

_______________

The next morning in the Great Hall, the warm sun was streaming in, making it a perfect start for the school year.

Everyone was eating breakfast when the owls arrived, something that Ed almost forgot about.

Over at the Gryffindor table, an owl carrying a letter was so old and unstable that it fell on the table and made food fly everywhere. Many of the Slytheirns, including Ed, laughed at the sight of this.

Then they heard yelling coming from the table across the room, and Ed wondered what it was.

"Look at that, Weasley's got a Howler from his mummy," Malfoy teased.

Ed glanced over, and realized that it was a letter that seemed to be speaking on its own.

"Wonder if it's because he's friends with that Granger," he continued. Crabbe and Goyle laughed loudly at this.

"Haven't you heard? Him and Potter got here using a flying car! It sounds like they're getting punished for it," Pansy, who was sitting nearby, chimed in.

"What?!" Malfoy said, shocked.

Others seemed to have the same reaction.

Ed was in disbelief herself too, until she remembered that almost anything was possible in the wizard world. However, she still had her suspicions.

"But is it true? Did Potter really arrive in a flying car?" Ed asked her friends.

Pansy, who was still engaged in the conversation, scoffed.

"Why don't you go and ask him yourself? The Gryffindor table is where you belong anyways," she said rudely.

Apparently Pansy hadn't forgotten which side Ed took during the remembrall incident the previous year.

Ed then fell silent, and Pansy soon returned talking to her friends Tracey Davis, Daphne Greengrass, and Millicent Bullstrode.

Lance and Malorie tried giving her a sympathetic look, but it didn't help much.

"Well, those blood traitors' muggle-loving dad does love those sort of things, my father has told me all about it," Malfoy said, continuing the conversation.

"But I don't think they would know how to drive a car anyways," Ed commented.

"You're right. It's a stupid thing only muggles use. How pathetic, I'm sure Potter  just wanted some extra attention, like always."

Just then, a few more owls flew in. One of them went to Ed, and the others went to Malfoy and Malorie.

She opened the letter from her family.