60_ battle of hogwarts

The battlefield was complete chaos.

There were spells flying everywhere from both sides, rubble blasting around every corner.

The second Ed stepped outside, a giant stone column came crashing down right next to her, causing her to jump to the side and put her hands over her head.

But when she looked up again, it wasn't part of the castle at all.

Not a column—a giant's leg.

Her jaw dropped open at what she was seeing, she wasn't even sure they still existed.

It didn't notice she was there, but she tried every curse she could.

Its skin was like armor though, and nothing would penetrate it.

Suddenly an acromentula attacked her, knocking her hard onto the ground and grabbing onto her limbs like it was going to eat her.

She struggled to escape, but then remembered what Professor Lupin taught them.

The weakest part of an Acromentula is always its leg.

Ed smirked and kicked its leg hard out from underneath it.

She scrambled out before it fell and used the killing curse before it could get up again.

She was breathing heavily, but her mind had never been sharper.

As she turned her head over her shoulder, she noticed a Death Eater walking into the castle.

No one else noticed over all the screams and noises, so she decided to go after him.

Whatever he was doing couldn't be any good.

She roamed the halls looking for him, but soon stopped.

She felt it—deep inside—that someone was watching her. It was the weirdest sense, but she didn't doubt her intuition for a second.

Ed ducked just in time as a jet of green light just passed over her head.

She cast more curses at him, but he deflected all of them.

"Smart girl, you fought the Imperius Curse, didn't you?" The man chuckled.

Ed couldn't see his face since he was wearing a Death Eater mask, but she recognized the voice from the Malfoy Manor—it was Rowle.

Rowle, who caused Malorie and her family so much fear, and didn't even care what happened to them.

My best friend.

And it was all his fault.

"Do you see the destruction, now? Little girl, you're a natural Slytherin, and would have much to offer the Dark Lord. You would be better off on our side."

"I will never join you," she spat.

The thought of Malorie made Ed even more determined to make Rowle hurt—he deserved it.

She fired curse after curse at him, so fast and powerful that he couldn't keep up.

Finally, one hit him square in the chest, knocking him backwards and causing him to hit his head on the wall, blood gushing out.

She heard another battle just around the corridor and ran to it, but was too late.

A green streak of light hit a laughing Fred, and an explosion trapped Ed under a pile of rubble, her world going dark.

"Welcome in, Ed!" Said Fred.

It was the summer before sixth year, and Ed made sure to stop by the Weasley's Wizard Wheezes.