16_ polyjuice

The following morning there was a snow storm was so bad that Herbology was cancelled, so Ed, Malorie, and Lance made their way to the Slytherin common room during class time.

But on the way, they heard Peeves yelling something.

"Attack! ATAAACK! NO ONE IS SAFE!" His screams slowly got louder and louder.

They friends stopped dead in their tracks and looked at each other with fear in their eyes. They did not expect this to happen again.

The news soon spread throughout the castle that a Gryffindor boy and Nearly Headless Nick were petrified, so it was no surprise that almost every student had signed up to go home for the holidays.

"Guys, I don't know if my parents will let me come back here next term..." Ed admitted to Lance and Malorie while standing in line to sign their names.

"Don't worry, I'm sure they will," Malorie comforted her.

"You don't understand, they've been constantly sending me letters about how I should go home. Mercury has to be exhausted," Ed explained.

"Then we'll ask them for you if you can come back," Lance suggested.

"Yeah, they probably won't say no to us," agreed Malorie. 

"Okay..." Ed agreed, even though she was sure this would not be the case.

_______________

On the other hand, there were still a few students staying at Hogwarts.

"Are you leaving for the holidays, Malfoy?" Crabbe asked.

"I don't think so, my parents are going to be busy so it would probably be best if I stayed in this miserable place," he complained.

Crabbe and Goyle didn't reply to this, they knew to ask nothing more about the subject and that it automatically meant they would be staying too.

Conveniently enough, this fit perfectly into the plan the golden trio had.

_______________

That same day, Ed went looking for Hermione to see if they had the same answer for the last question on their Transfiguration homework.

She was almost positive that she got it correct, but just wanted to make sure she had the the right answer.

Lance and Malorie hadn't exactly done the homework yet, so it was no use to ask them.

After lunch, Ed saw a glimpse of Hermione, and decided to follow her because the talking was so loud that she wouldn't be able to hear Ed.

But once everyone left the Great Hall, to Ed's surprise, Hermione separated from Harry and Ron.

"I'll be right back, I have to ask Hermione something," Ed informed her friends.

"Okay," Malorie and Lance said simultaneously.

She soon departed from them, and went into the same bathroom that Hermione went into seconds earlier.

"Hi, Hermione!" She greeted. Hermione jumped a little, she wasn't expecting anyone to be in this bathroom.

"Oh! Hello Ed, you scared me."

"Sorry, I didn't mean to..."

"It's quite alright," she replied. Just then, there was a horrible screaming noise.

Ed immediately looked around, but Hermione informed her soon enough.

"Don't worry, it's just Moaning Myrtle," she laughed.