44_ storms and sorrys

Sure enough, Montague did turn up, though not as expected.

"Professor Snape, sir—oh—sorry—" Malfoy barged into the Professor's office.

"It's alright, Draco."

"Potter is here for a little Remedial Potions," he explained.

"I didn't know," Draco responded, trying his best to suppress a laugh.

"Well, Draco, what is it?"

"It's Professor Umbridge, sir, she needs your help. They've found Montague, he's turned up jammed inside a toilet on the fourth floor."

"How did he get in there?" Snape demanded.

"I don't know, sir, he's a bit confused..."

"Very, well, very well. Potter, we shall resume this lesson tomorrow evening instead."

"Remedial potions?" Malfoy mouthed to Harry as soon as Professor Snape turned around.

Harry just glared at him as Malfoy followed behind the Professor.

They soon brought Montague to the hospital wing, where Malorie waited with him while his parents were on their way.

After making sure his friend was in good hands, Draco made his way back to the Slytherin common room.

Ed was there as well, where she was studying for O.W.L.S.

"Hey, Malorie, did Professor McGonagall say that we had to know how to re-conjure something after making it vanish?" She asked when she heard someone walk into the room.

"I'm not Malorie," Draco replied.

"Oh," she said when she realized who it really was.

"But yes, she did say that," he said in a condescending tone.

She rolled her eyes and started packing her books up, still furious at him from the breakup.  She hated how much he had made her cry, how hopeless she had felt that day.

"So I don't even get a thank you?" Malfoy demanded.

"No," she said flatly.

A thank you for breaking my heart? She thought.

"God, you're so damn stubborn," he muttered.

"I know," Ed replied.

"But so are you," she added.

He chuckled to himself.

"I can't believe I ever dated you. That was the stupidest mistake I've ever made."

Ed was too stunned to say anything.

A mistake? All of those times spent together, the feeling of his lips on hers, that was all just a mistake? She thought as she walked away.

But something hurt inside of Draco when she turned her back on him.

He didn't think she would ever forgive him, so he lied.

No, the stupidest mistake was letter her go, he thought to himself.

_______________

With O.W.L.S coming up quickly, the fifth years were encouraged to think about their future careers.

In fact, Professor Snape informed them during class that they were to attend a short meeting to discuss their education paths.

"What are you going to do, Mal?" Ed asked as they worked on the Polyjuice Potion.

"I'm not quite sure yet. Claire is going into the Ministry, so I think my parents except me to do the same, but I don't think it's for me."