Chapter 7: A flame can survive the harsh (flame)

I could feel his presence. Sitting across the room. But I couldn't see him. It was like no one was there. I knew it was only my brother. I wanted desperately wanted to talk to him and see him. After all, Jake did save me. Without him I could have died. That huge flame could have completely consumed me. But he was there, there to encourage me. While everyone else would have probably left me. But me and Jake have an unbreakable bond. Right now, at this moment in the hospital bed, I wanted to scream for him. Yesterday , I think, we talked for at least a minute. He was so scarred, I could tell he wanted to talk to me more. Wanted to hear my voice. It was the same for me. I didn't put too much thought to everyone else. My dad he'll be worried sick ,and might ground me forever. Rose, she will be terrified of the way I look. The way I look........half of me is completely burned. I was too busy thinking about Jake than the pain that keeps eating away at me. Jexica will lecture me and then tell me how sad she was. Sadie will be so glad to see I'll be fine ,I think, and upset with me for being so stupid. Alex will....... I don't really know how he'll react. He could be proud of my bravery, upset with my sheer stupidity, glad that I'm ok. I do know that Jake is just going to panic and then have an 'explosion of emotion', I cant wait for that. Kidding. I cant wait to see everyone. And to get out of these scratchy bandages. Its like being in a sack. Every time I try to move it sends a thousand messages to my mind and it causes so much pain. It might even send me pain ,later on, just when someone says my name. I mean I did get burned by a flame. But I should be strong, no matter what. I should have been screaming and yelling a lot more for what I just went through. I wish I could switch the side I was laying on but every time I try I get moved. My leg and eye are what hurt the most. A tree got burned and landed on my leg which got burned and scrapped. My right side of my face, including my eye, got burned then scrapped while I was fleeing. I still can slightly taste the ash. My throat is sore and dry from breathing in so much smoke. I'm in a lot of distress from just running. Jake hurt his leg, probably from tripping. Or when trying to save me. I know he'd do anything to help me. He would give anything to help me. To rescue me, heal me, protect me, anything for me. As long as it didn't kill him he would do it, for me. I would do the same, even if it meant death......