outro

ou make 'I' to an 'O'
'I' to an 'O'
Because of you
I know why human and love sound so similar
You make live to a love
Live to a love
Because of you
I know why a person should live by love

Trivia : Love - BTS

----

NAMJOON

DECEMBER 2020

"Aish. I'm too drunk for this."

Yoongi stumbled towards me. His suit coat had disappeared, leaving him in a pale pink dress shirt - the very same one I wore - with his sleeves rolled to his elbows. The white rose that had been pinned to his jacket's lapel was now tucked behind his ear, and Yoongi plucked it from his raven locks as he fell into the chair beside me.

"That's what weddings are for, getting drunk and celebrating love," I said, raising my glass towards him in a mock cheers.

"Celebrating love?" Yoongi twisted towards the dance floor, where an equally drunk Leo Perry swayed in spastic motions that could be called dancing, if I squinted my eyes enough. "I feel like I've been grabbed by the ankle and shook upside down. All in the name of love."

The fact that Yoongi was talking like this - talking above love, talking about a man, talking so much at all, really - was a celebration in itself. I kept the thought to myself, smiling knowingly over the rim of my drink.

"Get that smug grin off your face," Yoongi said, glowering.

"What's the magic word?" I teased.

"Lachimolala."

"Listen, if you like Leo, you're going to have to go on one hell of a rollercoaster ride before you get anywhere with him. The Perry siblings just work like that."

Yoongi blushed. "Who said anything about liking him?"

"We live together. You can't expect me to just turn a blind eye when you sneak him out of the apartment at three in the morning," I said.

Yoongi muttered under his breath, the words slurred by both embarrassment and alcohol. I nudged his elbow, raising an eyebrow. The man clearly needed to get something off his chest, otherwise he wouldn't have dramatically collapsed at my table.

Sighing, Yoongi straightened. "What if I want more? What if I want...to go on a date?" he asked.

"Then ask him out." I saw Yoongi's incoming dismissal and quickly added, "And if he says no, give it time, then ask again. He clearly likes you back."

"Does he?" Yoongi asked, raising his voice over the music. "All I get from him is late night hookups once, maybe twice a week. Anytime I even begin to mention doing anything more, he gets all weird and then I won't hear from him for days."

Lyra had told me Leo was noncommittal and had liked to play the field in Los Angeles. Leo didn't do it to be rude. He was just a free spirit and liked to explore as many options as possible, preferably for as briefly as possible. According to her, there were never any ill intentions.

Lyra had also let it slip that after his nights with Yoongi, Leo returned to their apartment with a huge smile. And then proceeded to talk incessantly about the man, until Lyra cooked him breakfast to shut him up.

"I know way too much about Yoongi," Lyra had complained to me one afternoon at our favorite Seoul bookshop.

I had only snorted. "Try living with the man."