four.

a/n: the support on this is absolutely insane, thank you all so much <3 do you have any questions for me? about myself or about the story? i might be willing to mention a few small details about the future or even the past of the storyline, if you ask politely :D uploads might become slower because i have just gone back to school (stupid, i know) but i promise i'm trying my best to churn out these chaps for you all as quickly as i can.

question for you all, how's your day? tell me about it, even if you think it's just boring, i wanna hear :D

---

word total for this chapter: 2068 (poggers this one isn't short like the last few)

---

The rest of the day is clouded with my euphoria. I never realized before just how incredible it would be to have this kind of a relationship with Dream. Maybe I would've stepped up weeks ago.

Dreams hums softly as he controls the sail, his knee pressed against my side. That's another thing I've noticed. He never seems to want to be out of contact with me, even if it's simply his knee against me.

I doze off in the warmth of the sun, the waves lulling me into an easy slumber, Dream's humming in my ears. When I wake, the sun has almost set, and one of his hands has found its way to the back of my head, messing lightly with my hair.

Opening my eyes only slightly, I smile. Wow. This is something that I could definitely get used to. Normally, I would scold myself for thinking like this, but now, it could actually be my reality.

Looking back at Dream, he meets my eyes, and I'm nearly speechless with the look in them. He smiles at me softly, and I bite the inside of my lip.

Wow, not even a day, and we're already that gross couple making googly eyes at each other. My mind tells me, and I nearly laugh at the mundane thought. That was the kind of thing that was completely normal, back when the world felt right.

Before I let my mind wander to darker topics, I adjust myself, sitting more in between Dream's legs, leaning my head back against his chest. His cheek presses into my hair, and I hear him sigh happily.

Dream trails his fingers lightly against my arm, and goosebumps raise on my skin, the nerves tingling under his touch. We stay like that for a while, just together, and I try to pick up on some of the things that Dream is doing, in case I ever need it.

He attempts to explain some of the basics, but honestly, it just all sounds like pretty words coming from his mouth, and I can't focus on anything but his lips. Nodding along and occasionally humming in agreement with Dream's explanation, I focus on the curve of his cupid's bow, and how soft his lips look, even if we've been living off the grid for a while now.

I only notice that he's stopped talking because his lips have stopped moving, and my eyes dart upwards to meet his. He raises an eyebrow, and his mouth pulls up into a slight smirk. Biting my tongue lightly, I resist the urge to blush, mirroring his expression with a bit more sass.

He chuckles lightly under his breath, and I grin, tilting my head up towards him. Take the hint, idiot. I tell him in my mind, even though I know he obviously can't hear me. Dream does, however, seem to pick up on my subtle cue, and he leans down, his face merely inches from mine.

I feel his breath against my cheeks, and I tempt him even further, my eyes traveling to his lips once more. It's obvious that he notices. He leans down even further, and his mouth brushes against mine with a slow intimacy. It's not rushed or aggressive at all; merely full of emotion and care.

After a few moments, we break apart, but only slightly. I can still feel Dream's lips brushing against mine, and the sound of the waves seems to disappear. I can't tell if I'm hearing his heartbeat, or the rushing of mine through my ears.