five.

a/n: hello, my friends <3 how is everyone? please make sure to vote and comment, if you can! i look at all of the comments, so if you have any questions or anything, you can either just comment it, or start with "to the author" or something to make sure other readers don't get confused :) it's so insane, the amount of support i've gotten on this series, and I genuinely am so thankful for each and every one of you. stay safe, and stay hydrated, my friends <33 -chaos

(p.s. did i mention that i hate wattpad's font?? i write each chapter on a google doc, and the font i use is S O pretty. anyways,,)

---

word total for this chapter: 2454

---

"George!" Dream's voice wakes me from my deep sleep, and the first that I notice is that he's sweating profusely.

Stupid brain.

When I sit up slowly, rubbing my eyes, the realization dawns on me. The sky is clouded over and dark grey, and the waves are rougher than we've seen. I don't normally feel seasick, but my stomach churns as the boat rocks back and forth.

"George!" His voice is desperate, and his knuckles are white against the handmade controls for the sail, and I notice the fabric flapping furiously (unintentional alliteration lul). The look on his face pierces my stomach; he's genuinely scared.

Oh, we're fucked. I think. If he's scared, it's gotta be really bad.

I scramble to get up, finding my way over the Dream with extremely unsteady steps. It's clear that we're both terrified for our lives.

"What's going on?" I ask frantically, just as the wind starts to increase, throwing another wave into our boat. Clumsily, I stumble to the side, steadying myself against the edge. It's a dumb question, but at this point, I really don't know what else to do or to say.

"It's a storm!" He yells, his voice almost getting lost as a clap of thunder resounds from my left. I jump nearly three feet in the air, and turn to look in the direction, my face filled with horror. I don't see the lightning, but where there's thunder, there's always lightning.

Looking back to Dream, I feel helpless. He's trying his absolute best to control the boat and keep us safe, but I know that this is almost completely out of his control. My brain threatens to shut down and go into panic mode, but I clench my jaw.

This is not how it ends.

Wind fights against me as I step towards Dream, my hand reaching out and wrapping around his arm. He meets my gaze with a heavy worry, and I try my best to give him a reassuring look.

"I'm not sure how long this is going to last!" He's almost inaudible above the wind, but I strain my ears to listen, knowing that what he's saying will be important. "With the sea, it could stay for hours or be gone in minutes!"

My thoughts go into overdrive. Okay, Pops used to watch that one show about fishing, right? And there was that one episode that they got caught out at sea during a storm. What did they do? I wrack my brain to try to remember, but I let out a frustrated huff when my mind draws a blank.

Dream desperately tries to maneuver the bow sideways against the roaring waves below us, the intensity breaking slightly with the angle. Biting the inside of my cheek, I squeeze my eyes shut, focusing as hard as I can on some kind of solution to this.

Oh wait. Suddenly, the memory comes to me, yet it only frustrates me further. That's the one where they had to be rescued by the coast guard. There's no chance that'll be happening.