Chapter 9

Changing my writing style a little

"Wow." Was all Leo could mumble to himself as he and Bell looked at a board. On it were papers some being job posters or ads, but at the very front of all of them was an announcement. Aiz Wallenstein, Sword Princess, is now level 6. Bell also told him that she had defeated a floor boss all by herself. While he has no real idea of what that's like, from what Leo has heard that, it's an incredible feat.

Leo glanced at Bell who looked like his entire world was crushed in front of him. I tapped his shoulder, "Bell?" He snapped out of it and looked at me expectantly. "Are you alright?" He raised his hands defensively and laughed it off. "Yeah I'm fine. Let's go." Bell walked away while Leo stared at the back of his head with concern. He didn't need the eyes to see the sad aura energy that radiated off of Bell.

He followed the white haired boy, occasionally having to pull him out of the way of a wagon or redirecting him after he took a wrong turn. 'How could I help? ' Leo thought. This isn't his field of strengths, it was actually usually him that needed consoling back in Libra. If Klaus were here, maybe he could help Bell.

Leo thought about Hellsalem's Lot and gripped the sealed blood breed in his pocket tightly. He still can't forget what he needs the most, to get back home. He pushed those thoughts aside as he heard running coming straight at them.

Both he and Bell looked to see Syr running towards them. She hugged onto Bell's arm when she got close enough, Bell started to blush. "S-Syr?" Syr looked up to him with a blush on her own face. "I really wanted to find you." The two stayed in the same position for a while. Leo couldn't help but flick my view between them.

Syr looked at Leo. "Mind if I borrow him?" Leo slowly nodded at her. She smiled back and dragged Bell away. Leo stared at the direction they ran off to. "I guess I'm on my own again." Leo said aloud before walking away.

Leo walked away and went back to thinking about Libra and Hellsalem's Lot. A frown appeared on his face. 'Michella, Klaus, Zapp. I've been here for so long and I've barely tried to get home.' He felt Sonic land on my shoulder. Leo looked at him and he stared back. Leo smiled at him and looked forward, Leo felt him lay his head against mine. 'At least Sonic's here. Thank you Sonic, for being with me the whole way.'

He spent a few minutes reminiscing. He stared at the floor with a blank expression. Leo felt something suddenly hit his face. He freaked out and put his hands up in defense. "S-Sorry!" He stayed like that before finally registering familiar laughter. He finally put his hands down and looked at what or who he ran into.

"You should know by now to pay attention when you walk." Bete laughed at Leo. Leo took a breath while Bete calmed down. "It's been awhile, how've you been?" Bete started walking beside Leo.

"I-I'm fine. Nothing really special has happened recently." Leo thought it best to keep quiet about his vision or whatever he saw, including seeing that adventurer mess with a minotaur like it was nothing.

Leo heard Bete scoff. "Aw come on Leo, don't lie to me. I saw your face earlier, why do you think I flicked your forehead." Leo looked at Bete while trying to come up with something to say.

He was about to say something when he finally realized what Bete had done. "You flicked me!? Why does it sting so much?" Leo felt like he ran straight into a metal pole. Bete looked away with a small scowl.

"Yeah right! I barely touched you! And don't dodge the question." Bete pushed his index finger into Leo's head. Luckily no one was around to see some short kid and a famous adventurer bicker at each other like two five year old brothers.

After that bickering match, where Bete came out victorious, Leo explained why he was down. "I was just thinking about my home." Leo began to look down again. Bete held his chin in thought.

Is it wrong for these eyes to be in a dungeon?जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें