🅘🅝🅢🅘🅓🅔 🅐🅝🅓 🅞🅤🅣

Kristin eventually found herself washed up on a beach. She was sure this wasn't real as the beach had purple sand. Leading down to the beach was a set of stairs coming from what appeared to be some kind of boardwalk. Sitting on those stairs was an older lady. She had brilliant blue eyes and the locks of her auburn hair were unrestrained. Her face was rounded and soft with a few lines of age. She had a cuddly physique and was not overly tall, giving her an appearance of a human teddy bear. The woman's appearance took Kristin by surprise. Except for a few minor details she had the appearance of her mother from before she had fallen ill.

"It is so nice to see you here, spud," said the older woman, who Kristin suspected to be the voice named Jenny.

"Where am I? What is this place?" Kristin asked, picking herself up off the sand.

"So many questions. Welcome to the Inside. This place is where we all exist, when we aren't out there," Jenny replied, as if what she was saying was perfectly normal.

"So am I dreaming? Also I saw something before finding myself here. There was a huge movie screen and someone sitting in front of it, wearing this really weird helmet," Kristin asked, hoping Jenny would provide some insight into what the hell she was witnessing.

"To your first question, yes and no. This place is within the mind of the body we all inhabit. However to most of us it can be very real," Jenny began, "and to your second question, I believe Alex took control. The helmet allows us control of the body, you included. It has been you most of the time sat there with the helmet on and so you wouldn't know about it."

To Kristin this sounded both perfectly logical and absolutely insane. Somebody inside her head was wearing a helmet that allowed them to control her body, and she herself had worn that same helmet, according to Jenny. Kristin shook her head, how was any of this real?

"Is there anyway I can see what is going on outside? Can I get back to the screen?" asked Kristin, hoping that she wouldn't miss out on everything.

"We can, I'll show you how to get there," replied Jenny, who rose from the steps and turned to head up them.

Jenny led Kristin up the stairs which Kristin found lead to a small boardwalk that went off into the distance in both directions. On the other side sat the largest house Kristin had ever seen. It would definitely fit the description of a mansion. White walls and ornate fixtures adorned the outside, while leading up to the building was a slightly wild garden. The contrast of the two was striking, leading Kristin to wonder who took care of this or if anyone did at all.

Kristin followed Jenny though an arch in the outer hedge of the garden and through the mass of bushes and plants. She was glad she was following Jenny as she didn't think she would be able to find her way on her own. None of the plants she passed seemed familiar, or if their shape was familiar their colour was completely different.

Jenny took them through a wide double door into the mansion. Once reaching the inside of the gigantic building Kristin found the inside was just as mismatched as the outside had been. A marble floor met a pilled, brown wallpaper up the walls. Kristin could see into one of the rooms to the side and it appeared as if there had been an explosion when gamer met little princess. Jenny however didn't stop but continued through the massive hallway towards what appeared to be the front door.

Back outside, the pair passed into what indeed looked like an old drive-in. However most of the poles, that would have carried the speaker for the cars to hook up, sat empty. Only a handful towards the front of the rows appeared to house anything. On closer inspection Kristin noticed that these were the same helmets that the figure sitting on an old couch wore. She assumed that this must be the Alex that Jenny had mentioned.