🅛🅘🅕🅔 🅘🅝 🅛🅐🅝🅓🅢🅒🅐🅟🅔

The world slowly came back into existence as Kristin groggily woke up. She found herself sprawled across her bed, not having even changed from the night before. Through her head was a splitting headache and her mouth felt as dry as the Sahara desert. She knew she had a couple of drinks last night but didn't think she would be feeling this bad.

She got up and quickly crossed across the hall to have a shower. While washing herself she found some bruises on her hips. She touched them gingerly wondering when she got them. Assuming she must have bumped into a counter or something last night she put it out of her mind.

Finishing up she dried and got dressed more in her usual style, a nice cute blue skirt with a frilled hem and a blue T-shirt with a Japanese anime character emblazoned across it. She felt more like herself than she had yesterday. At that thought the events of yesterday replayed in her mind. First the glass breaking, then her appointment, meeting that girl Darby and finally relaxing with her uncle. Those event she knew happened and were real. However the ones in between, the trip to that mansion in the dream and talking to Jenny while on the couch, seemed to her like they must have been made up by her mind. She had been told before that she had a very active imagination and so this must be it at work.

Today was a pretty relaxed day as she didn't have any classes. She did remember that in the notes that had appeared from the previous day there had been mention of a landscape project that needed to be completed. And so Kristin packed up her drawing equipment and headed downstairs.

Once in the kitchen she noticed that her uncle had put on the coffee already and it appeared had already had breakfast. She looked over at the clock and realised it was actually quite late in the morning. Busying herself with getting breakfast, she spent the next half an hour making, and then savouring the perfect bowl of ramen.

Once she finished and washed up her bowl she headed back to her uncle's writing den. Currently the room had books strewn around, from dictionaries to obscure thesauruses. Sam wrote novel usually based on urban fantasy. This meant among the books on which words to use, there were also books on mythology and fairy tales. He even had a folder that contained print outs of creepypasta as one of his novels had involved a teen horror author summoning his creations.

Kristin took out her earphones and knocked lightly on the door. She entered the room, making her way across picking up the books that had found their way onto the floor.

"You really should take more care of these," she said, often having to remind her uncle.

Her uncle looked up from his laptop. "But I can always count on you to help me," he said, a cheeky smile spreading across his face.

At that moment Kristin saw one of the books she hadn't yet gotten to begin to move, which made her take a quick step back. From under the book came first one dark paw and then another, finally the whole cream coloured cat, oblivious to the fact that it had been buried under a book.

"And now you're burying poor, innocent Freyja under your mess," she said, scooping the kitten up in her arms, "what do you have to say for yourself?"

"In my defence she has slept in much weirder locations," Sam said, turning around and scratching the cat between the ears.

"I can't argue that," she said with a little chuckle "anyway I came in to say I'm going out, I have to do a landscape, so I'm going to find some inspiration."

Sam nodded. "I hope you find the most spectacular of vistas to draw."

With a small kiss to the top of the cats head Kristin deposited her in her uncle's lap, gave her uncle a quick hug, and left the room. She replaced her earbuds, collected her bag, and left through the front door.