Stay by my Side - Chapter Two

Marinette, as Ladybug, nervously walked back and forth, fiddling with the small device in her hands. It was her old phone.

I was so lucky I hadn't thrown away this old phone... because my parents never got around to cancelling their pay towards my old phone, I can use this one for communication with Chat Noir... she thought to herself.

She slowly sat down, overlooking Paris on the small roof, going through her old phone and deleting her contact list. There was no reason to do so before, but now it was being used as a - a sort of 'burner phone' - there needed to be no more remaining connection between it and her civilian form - Marinette.

"Ladybug?" A voice called from behind her.

"Ah!" She jumped, dropping her phone.

"Careful Milady!" Adrien - as Chat Noir - replied, snatching the phone from the sky before it hit the ground, swinging back up to the roof using his baton. "You almost dropped this."

Once he landed, he turned his back on Ladybug, and began fiddling with the phone. "You don't even have a password, Milady? You should be more careful with this, it'll have our contact information on it."

"C - Chat! Give me back my phone!" Ladybug replied, reaching for it.

For a few moments, Chat Noir refused to cooperate, holding the phone out of Ladybug's reach, as he continued to fiddle with it. Then suddenly, he threw it back to her. "Catch!"

Ladybug just barely was able to catch the unexpected throw, the phone almost slipping from her fingers. "... thanks?"

She immediately switched it on, to find it on the 'contacts' page, with one new contact. The contact was named with a singular emoji - a black cat.

Ladybug giggled. "Thanks for the number, Chat Noir."

"Anytime, Milady." He replied with a playful grin, bowing. "But now let's get back to the patrol."

"Alright, silly kitty." She booped - playfully tapping his nose with her finger - him on the nose, and then jumped from the roof onto another, beginning their patrol.

---TimeSkip---

After Adrien detransformed back at his house, he darted to his new black phone, seeing if Ladybug had texted him yet.

One New Message:

+555 7394 7492:

Hey kitty, just wanted to see if this worked :D

Adrien grinned, hugging the phone to his chest in delight. His lady had texted him - and not for an emergency reason! He sat on the edge of his bed and sent a reply, saving her contact as a ladybug emoji.

Hey Bugaboo, thanks for the text!

Now onto more important matters...

... would you be interested in seeing a movie with me?

Chat, you know we can't XD

Besides, I've got some important things tomorrow

Oh? What things?

Nothing! I've just already made plans with some other friends

No worries Milady

I'll just ask you again later

Chat! XD

Kidding! Kidding! XD

Night Ladybug

Night kitty

Adrien sighed once again, turning off his phone, and placing it next to his bed. He shut the blinders again and laid down on his bed.

"You seem happy, kid." Plagg commented, as Adrien began to fall asleep.

"Yeah, Plagg..." Adrien muttered in reply, turning onto his side and away from the windows, with a small smile on his face.

"Today has been amazing."

Hey! I'm posting another chapter on the same day, just so there's more than just one chapter to read - that'd be boring. I've prewritten a few chapters, so I'll for now be updating fairly frequently, but I've only prewritten about 5 chapters, so not many.

I hope you like this LadyNoir part! There'll probably be a bit more of it, although later it'll be more MariChat probably. Although that'll be a lot later in the story.

But for now...

Peachy out! 😊