Stay by my Side - Chapter Thirteen

Marinette tightened her grip on the balcony rails, as she waited for Chat Noir to show up. She was finally ready. She was going to tell him everything.

Earlier today... was rough. Her father... thinking Chat Noir broke her heart... got akumatised. It made her so upset knowing even her own family were capable of giving into despair. And then with Chat Noir... he had tried to hard to save her...

Marinette sighed, and released her grip on the railing, turning around and sitting down, leaning against the cold metal.

"Marinette?"

"Kitty..." She darted over to his side and hugged him tightly. "I'm so sorry for earlier today, it was a big misunderstanding."

"Oh... I mean oh!" Chat Noir said. "I'm happy that I didn't upset you after all! Milady is really special to me, and-" He cut himself off. "Oh, but are you okay?"

"Y - Yeah I'm fine, I'm just sorry for confusing you - but to be entirely honest, I'm not in love with you. There's another boy..."

"Another boy?" Chat Noir said, ignoring the small pang of sadness flickering in his chest. Why does that seem to be happening more often lately? "Who is he?"

"Oh, n - no one! Well, not 'no one'..." Marinette tried frantically to avoid answering the question. Chat Noir raised his eyebrow, and Marinette hung her head in shame, knowing she couldn't get out of the situation.

"H - He's the model of... one of my favourite designers." Chat Noir's eyes widened. "His name is... Adrien Agreste."

"Ahh!" Adrien shot upright in bed, the alarm on his phone ringing.

"Kid, you okay? A nightmare of something?" Plagg asked, flying into the centre of the room. Adrien sighed.

"I... I don't think so...?" He muttered, more to himself than Plagg. Either way, he now had patrol, and then after patrol he would go and see Marinette. He could worry about that dream later.

Her father really hurt him earlier, but he should be fine to move around. Villain attacks might be... difficult, but the attacks were normally in the mornings, so he didn't really worry too much. Quickly he transformed and jumped out of the window to meet up with Ladybug by the Eiffel Tower.

"Milady!" Chat Noir greeted, landing safely on the Eiffel Tower. Ladybug turned her head to face him and smiled. "Hello, kitty!"

"Kitty..."

Chat Noir stumbled back slightly. Why...? Why was he suddenly imagining... Marinette? The Marinette from his dream, no less?

"Chat?" Ladybug's expression became concerned. "Are you alright?"

"Y - Yeah." Chat Noir took in a deep breath and tried to steady his heartbeat. "I - I'm fine. Let's just get on patrol."

"Okay..." Ladybug showed no resistance to the idea and followed Chat Noir as he darted around the city. No one seemed upset, no villains were roaming the streets, just a perfectly peaceful night.

Chat Noir was supposed to be paying attention, but he couldn't. He couldn't get that... that dream out of his head.

"A nightmare or something?"

Chat Noir shook his head. No, it wasn't a nightmare. How could Marinette falling in love with him be a nightmare...?

Wait... why would he be happy about Marinette falling in love with him to begin with? He had his lady, she was his number one, always. So then why...

... Why did he feel this way?

"Chat!" Ladybug screamed, her yo yo tightening around his ankle, and pulling him up. "You almost fell into the river!"

Chat Noir looked across the rooftop that Ladybug had dropped him on and saw the bridge that Andre had made a common ice cream selling spot. He must've almost walked right off it into the river. Huh. He was getting distracted quite easily.

"Are you alright, Chat?!" Ladybug yelled, checking him over.

"I - I'm fine!" Chat Noir replied, waving her hands away. "I'm sorry, I just... got distracted."

"Well, you know you can always talk to me about it." Ladybug said to him with a smile. "We have those phones after all, you can talk to me anytime."

"But... they're for emergency..." Chat Noir replied, suddenly feeling quite helpless.

Ladybug frowned, her concerned expression returning. "You've never been so distracted before. Something really serious must be going on. I'd consider that an emergency."

"You... you would?" Chat Noir muttered, cheeks heating up.

"Of course! Don't underestimate your emotions, Chat Noir! They're just as important as anyone else's." Ladybug leaned in, her concerned expression switching to an irritated one, and Chat Noir flinched slightly.

"OKAY, OKAY, I'LL TEXT YOU IF I NEED TO PLEASE DON'T PUNCH ME IN THE FACE!" He said, running away from her, and hiding on the other side of the roof. Ladybug paused for a moment, shocked at Chat Noir's fearful reaction, and then she began to laugh. She laughed so hard she held her sides tightly, on and on until she began to cry from it.

Chat Noir sighed, with a small smile on his face, as he watched her laugh.

She's full of so much joy... he thought to himself, cheeks flushed pink.

I wish I could make her laugh like this every day.

New chapter is out! I hope you all enjoy reading it! Out of the entire 'love triangle' thingy, I like LadyNoir the least (I still like them! I just prefer the others... well I prefer MariChat and Adrienette) so I hope I was able to write it well, haha.

Ahh, did you think Marinette was going to confess to Chat Noir? HA - I fooled you :DDD

Anyways, Chat Noir will - properly - visit Marinette next chapter. I guess you'll have to wait until then to see what happens! XD

But for now...

Peachy out! 😊