Stay by my Side - Chapter Twelve

Nathanial, Marc, Marinette and Luka sat down on a couple couches on the ship. Luka and Marinette sat on one couch, and Nathanial and Marc sat on the other. They had just finished explaining the situation to Luka.

"Oh, I see." Luka replied. "Well, I would never believe Lila over Marinette." He placed his hand over Marinette's, and she felt her cheeks flush. "Lila is like this-" He picked up his nearby guitar and played a scratchy, squeaky song that made Marinette cover her ears. "And Marinette is like this." The song quickly switched to a sweet, calm melody, that made Marinette want to sigh, close her eyes, and hum the tune while drifting off to sleep.

"Wow Luka! That sounds exactly like how I feel!" Marc said in excitement, having never experienced Luka's music before.

Luka laughed. "Well I love to play from the heart." He said, glancing at Marinette, whose face grew hotter as she met his gaze and then turned away, brushing a strand of her hair over her ear.

"Umm... do you want to join our group chat?" Marinette asked Luka - having already discussed it with Nathanial and Marc. Luka nodded, curious, and he was quickly added to The Three - now Four - Amigos.

"I'm usually awake at night practising, so if anyone's upset around then, feel free to give me a call." He said smoothly, standing up as he led them back outside the boat. "And Marinette?"

"Yes?"

"Don't lose hope. Lila will be beaten eventually."

Marinette smiled.

"Thank you, Luka."

---TimeSkip---

GC: The Four Amigos

Hey everyone!

MIGHTILLUSTRATOR: Hey Marinette!

SOULSONG: Hi Marinette! What's up?

STARWRITER: Is something wrong?

Nothing is wrong!

It's just that the weekend is coming up!

Would you guys like to do something together?

STARWRITER: That sounds like fun!!

MIGHTILLUSTRATOR: I don't have any plans, so I don't see why not

SOULSONG: What do you have in mind?

I'm not sure, Luka

Maybe some ice skating?

Or a movie?

SOULSONG: Well, after Adrien helped the rink gain more popularity...

... it's been busy...

Maybe not the rink then?

MIGHTILLUSTRATOR: We could see a movie, but what's on?

                                              Would we eat something afterward?

Of course!

MIGHTILLUSTRATOR: Where would we go to eat?

STARWRITER: Oh! I'd like to go bowling!

                             That's always so fun!

I agree! Bowling might be nice

Of course we could still see a movie

Either way we could eat something afterward

And I don't know, Nathanial

It depends on what's open

MIGHTILLUSTRATOR: Yeah, that makes sense

SOULSONG: We could turn it into a day trip?

STARWRITER: What do you mean?

SOULSONG: Well we meet early, and go bowling

                          Have lunch and see a movie

                         And then have dinner and leave

                        What do you think?

STARWRITER: That sounds fun!

MIGHTILLUSTRATOR: I agree!

Me too!

Okay, so let's meet tomorrow at 10am?

By the pier?

MIGHTILLUSTRATOR: Sounds like a plan!

STARWRITER: I can't wait!

SOULSONG: See you there

Marinette sighed with a smile on her face and put her phone back in her pocket.

She was finally moving forward.

Hi everyone! Even though it may seem like a sort of conclusion, this story is nowhere NEAR over yet! I've still got many twists and turns up my sleeve :D

Anyways, now Luka is in the book. I also never intended for it to happen, but it did, so...? He won't be in the book that often though, as most of the chapters will either take place at Marinette's house or at school.

Next chapter should be more Marichat! I hope you guys enjoy it! I also hope you enjoyed this chapter too, your support has been amazing.

But for now...

Peachy out! 😊