XXXV. Confrontation

Oh geez. I regret choosing to use roman numerals, but I can't change it because I value consistency way too much. 

"Bye, Tou-chan

"Bye, Tou-chan. We'll see you tomorrow, kay?" Honey-senpai said and smiled brightly. I nodded and returned the expression. It was getting later into the day, so most of the hosts were beginning to head home. I turned towards Takashi and slipped my hand into his.

"Why don't I walk you out?" I suggested. He nodded and began to lead me out of my house with him. Honey ran ahead of us towards Mori's car since they were going home together. "Thanks for coming," I spoke quietly. "Thanks for coming."

"Yeah," Mori agreed. Once we made it down the stairs, we began walking in the general direction of where he parked his car. I watched as Honey skipped towards the black and stand beside the passenger door. "Touma," Takashi said to get my attention.

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow then," I responded. He nodded softly and leaned down to kiss me. Mori only kept his lips on mine for a second before pulling away.

"I love you," Takashi whispered. He kept his face close to mine, so I could still feel his warm breath fan over my flustered face. My eyes widened and my breathing hitched.

"Really? Why?" I instantly asked without thinking. "I-I mean... thanks. No, uh, wait," I let out a nervous laugh. "I love you too, Takashi," I admitted. Mori smiled, and I leaned forward to kiss him again.

"Bye," he whispered before turning around. My eyes moved to Honey-senpai who was grinning at us. I turned my gaze away and stared down at the floor instead.

"B-Bye," I stuttered and watched his retreating figure. I stood there for a second before walking back towards my house.

It completely slipped my mind that the twins and Tamaki were still here until I stepped back into the apartment. Hikaru and Kaoru claimed they had nothing better to do, and insisted they continued hanging out here for a little while longer. Tamaki, on the other hand, refused to leave the brothers here "alone" with his "little girl".

"Your face is very red, Touma," one of the brothers pointed out.

"No, it's not. Shut up." I shut the door behind me and sat down at the table.

"Can we ask you a few questions?" the two asked.

"No," I denied, but they began asking anyway.

"How many dates have you gone on?"

"A lot," I answered vaguely. Haruhi laughed softly at my response.

"What does Honey-senpai think of your relationship?" I shook my head and decided to stop responding to them altogether.

"He's the one that helped push them together," Haruhi answered for me. I snapped my head in her direction and narrowed my eyes at her. She didn't even look back at me.