Chapter 20

Aarushi's PoV

" Are you serious?" Varun questioned me.

I stood up from the chair with anger, and instantly I felt dizzy and about to fall. Varun held my wrist tightly and made me sit on the chair. He gave me a glass of water.

" Are you okay?" He asked me with concern. 

" Yeah...I am fine." I answered dryly.

Meanwhile, the waiter came to our table and served the food. There was complete silence between us.

" Please tell my mom that you don't like me and are not interested in marrying me," I told him, breaking the silence.

" I can't tell your mom because she knows in my heart that I like you so much, " he answered.

"But I can't marry anyone," I said firmly.

" I can understand. But I cannot hurt your mom and importantly we cannot reveal the truth to your mom at this condition " he said.

Yeah. . ..he was correct. As per the situation, I cannot take any risk because she is the only loved person in my life.

" If you don't mind, can I ask you one question?" He asked.

" What?" I asked him.

"If I take responsibility for this baby. Will you marry me?" He asked, making me surprised.

" I think you are interested in my property so you want to marry me still when you know about my pregnancy isn't it?" I questioned him rudely.

" Miss. Aarushi…"  he yelled.

" I respect your mom. She helped me financially with my studies and also gave me a job in your hospital. Moreover, I like you." He said.

" If I want to marry you. I can blackmail you and can force you. But I respect your feelings. I wanted to help you as a friend." He added.

I remained silent.

" I too have self-respect. If you don't trust me. It's okay but never suspect my loyalty towards your mom. I worship like a goddess." He said.

"I am sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you" I said in a low voice.

"It's okay. Have your dinner. It's not good to eat late at pregnancy time" he said.

We had our dinner without looking at each other. While we were walking after having dinner, I felt nauseated. I quickly ran towards the washroom. I vomited and felt very tired. I washed my face and came out of the washroom. I noticed Varun standing worriedly outside the washroom.

" Are you okay?" He asked him.

" Hmmm…" I replied.

" Let's go." He drove the car towards our hospital.

" Why did you bring me to the hospital?" I inquired.

" For check-up. Do you forget? I am a gynecologist?" He said.

" During the early stage of pregnancy, you should be careful. As a doctor you knew about it, I think…." he added.

He prescribed a few medicines for the healthy growth of my baby. With the help of ultrasound scanning, he showed me the heartbeat of my baby. I had tears in my eyes when I heard the heartbeat.

" Be happy and think positive. It is good for your health and baby's health" he advised.

" I will try…." I said.

" Don't worry, I won't tell your mom about your pregnancy. It will be between us." He promised me.

" Thank you…" I said while lowering my head.

" Does he know about the baby?" He questioned.

I nodded my head as NO.

" I don't want him to know about this baby. I wanted to leave this country. But..." I answered.

" Then what about your mom? How many days will you hide it from her? " He questioned.

I remained silent.

" I don't know. I am tired of plastering a smile on my face for my mom." I said while crying.

" Don't cry. It is not good for your health to stress your mind. " he gave me a tissue to wipe my tears.

…..

Then we started in the car. The whole ride, I was thinking of Rithwik. It was three days, he met him. He informed me that he was going on with the important work. 

I have so many questions roaming in my mind about him.

Why did he marry Ishitha? 

If he doesn't love me, why did he come to meet me in Australia?

Why does he assure me that he will convince his parents of our marriage?

Am I blind in love that I trust him so much and lost my virginity to him?

" Aarushi…."

I wiped my tears and turned my head.

" We reached your home," he said.

I got down and requested " please don't tell my mom about…." 

" I know…" he got down from the car.

We walked together inside our home and noticed my mother waiting for us. As soon as we entered the house, she smiled at us.

" How was your dinner? Do you enjoy your time?" Mom asked us.

" Actually...I got an emergency call from my friend's hospital. So we went to that hospital. I am sorry…" he replied to my mom.

I looked at him skeptically.

" We will go to dinner the next time…" he said looking at me.

" Okay. If you want to spend some time with each other, you both carry on. I will go to sleep" my mom left.

" If you want any help. Call me. I will be there for you as a friend " he said.

" Sure…" I replied.

" But remember one thing. You cannot hide the truth for a long time. Within a few months, everyone will notice changes in your body" he reminded me.

Whatever Varun said is true….I thought to go to Australia to hide from my mom but now her health condition is not good. I cannot go leaving my mom alone….

" I will think about it…" I said.

" It is very hard to survive for a child without the father's name. I experienced the pain and the insult in my childhood." Varun said in a painful voice.

" My advice is either abort the child or fight for the baby's right. The choice is yours. But you don't have any right to spoil his/ her future for your mistake " he said.

I ran quickly to my room and cried sitting on my bed with his hurtful words.

How can he say, my baby is a mistake? For me….it is a symbol of our love.

" Aarushi…."

 Varun entered my room and said, " Sorry...if I hurt you. But whatever I said it was the truth." 

" I know you are insulting me because I rejected marrying you." I retorted.

" Think once...if you think of my words as an insult then what if you give birth to a child without marrying…." He questioned.

Hi readers

Write your comments on the story...