Chapter 18: A Proposal

"Wha." Mustang exclaimed as he jolted upwards. He looked over at me, but I was pretending to sleep.

"Oh, it's just you." Mustang said, he came close to me and wrapped his arms around me. 

I sat there for a moment, as Mustang brushed up against me, his warmth was transferring over to me.

"Good Morning." I said, Mustang jumped back, this time he fell off of the bed.

"Crap sorry." I said as I looked over the edge of the bed.

Mustang was spread out on the floor, he was rubbing his head which he had bumped on the floor

"You were awake?" He asked, he was hoping for a no.

"Yeah, you woke me up when you woke up." I said, I got back in bed and pulled the warm covers over me.

Mustang just looked at you, his face was slightly confused, god why were things so weird between us right now.

"We need to head back to central, shit what time is it." Mustang said, he looked at the grandfather clock positioned on the other side of the room.

I got up and sluggishly grabbed my things. My shoes were downstairs though.

"Mustang, Luna, I've got some train tickets for noon, here have some breakfast I've got some downstairs." Havoc called out to us.

We both rushed down the stairs, Mustang must have been starving, he did throw up his dinner and all the beer that he had with it last night.

I caught a whiff of the bacon and eggs, they were still there on the table, steam was coming off of them. 

I grabbed a plate and sat on the couch, damn that Havoc, there was nothing wrong with it.

Mustang and I nearly inhaled the breakfast, and we raced to the station.

"So, what's next." I asked, though it wasn't necessarily an easy question to answer.

"Well, we need a new leader, so I'm assuming that there are going to be a lot of meetings to decide who will assume the position of Fuhrer." Mustang said, I knew that he would be a candidate, but I doubt that he would win the position, I hope that he had atleast considered that outcome.

"So who do you think will be the new Fuhrer?" You asked, you looked up at Mustang.

"I'd like to be Fuhrer, but I know that they'll give the position to the person with the most seniority, which would probably be Grumman." Mustang sighed, he was probably right, but atleast he had prepared for this.

"You'll be Fuhrer someday." I said, there was a bit of silence.

"And I'll be there by your side." I added, Mustang stood up straight at the last retort.

"By my side, huh." He said with a smirk.

"Yknow your a lot bolder than you think you are, Lieutenant Colonel Redfield." Mustang said.

"Well your a lot softer than you think you are, Colonel Mustang." I said back.

"Wait Lieutenant Colonel?" I asked, did he stutter.

"I think you could be a Lieutenant Colonel, your too good to be a 1st Lieutenant." Mustang sneered, I blushed a little bit, I didn't think that I was that decent of a soldier.

We both boarded the train, I was a bit taken aback, was he trying to move me up the ranks?

"I bet you'll be promoted, Mustang." I said nervously. He smiled and slipped his gloves on.