Chapter 8: Dinner

It was almost time for the date with the Colonel. I was so nervous, but I had to look my best for him. I put on the dress that I had picked out, and I put on some minimal makeup. There was a knock on the door, so I rushed over and opened it. The Colonel was there, and he had a dress shirt, vest, and black coat to top it all off. He looked so handsome and well kept.

I slipped on my peacoat and walked alongside the Colonel.

"You look cute." He said as he escorted me out of the building.

"Thanks, but remember this is just payback for the other night." I said, though I regretted it instantly. I wanted Mustang to know that I was interested, but now I had gone and messed that up.

The Colonel led me to his car, which was a light shade of grey, it was very large for someone living alone.

"So where are we going Colonel?" I asked as I got in the front seat of the vehicle.

"Just one of my favorite local restaurants." He said as he got in the drivers side of the car. We drove off towards the city.

We made it to the restaurant, but it was much nicer than I thought it would be.

"Mustang, I this is one of the nicest places in East City, I can't afford it." I said looking sad.

"I'm paying for you, so don't worry."Mustang said and he grabbed my hand and dragged me to the entrance.

"Table for two please, I have a reservation for Roy Mustang." The Colonel said, the lady looked surprised to see the man. I forgot that he was a pretty important figure, not to mention most people hated state alchemists like us.

"Right this way Sir." The lady said. 

She took us to a secluded area, it was a nice patio with a flower wall, there weren't many other people nearby, so me and mustang were pretty much alone.

"Colonel this is beautiful." I said admiring the scenery.

"Please, you don't need to be so formal, just call me Roy." He said, my stomach turned a bit when he said that, does this mean that we were getting closer? 

We sat down at the small table and looked at the menu's. I was shocked to see the prices.

"Am I allowed to get a children's meal." I said jokingly, we both laughed.

"I was actually thinking of ordering for you. There's this one pasta that you have to try." He said. I nodded shyly.

"And the sauce is amazing, it just melts in your mouth." He added, it was adorable seeing him get excited about the dishes, he was such a vanilla when he wanted to be, sometimes I forget that people have normal lives outside of the military.

"Your not allergic to anything right?" He asked sounding concerned.

"Nope." I said as I looked at the drinks menu.

"Good."

Some time had passed and we were given our meals, it was so delicious, and there was even a man walking around who would put parmesan and other condaments onto your dish. 

My mouth watered at the sight of the meal, and the first bite was even better. I tried not to eat to sloppily, especially since Mustang was there.

"So, Co-, I mean Roy, I heard that you have a mini skirt obsession, is this true." I said trying to start a conversation. Mustang spit out his wine and looked at me.

"Who, who told you about that." He said, he looked a little embarrassed.

"Just a certain blonde male." I said making it obvious.

"Damn that Havoc." Mustang said, yet he was smiling.

"Oh Luna, I almost forgot. We're being transferred to central, so if your currently dating anyone then your gonna need to leave them." Mustang said, his expression had changed, he had probably delivered this news to many people in the past.

"I'm not seeing anyone, so the move won't be too hard on me." I said sadly.

"Oh alright then." Mustang said, his face softened once again.

The Colonel continued ranting about things in the government and how he wanted to become the Fuhrer one day.

"Mustang, if you became Fuhrer then it would be hell for all the female officers." I said jokingly.

"You make a fair point, but I won't give up just because of that." He said, he was so determined, but it was almost inspiring.

"Luna, I've been wanting to ask you this for some time." He said seriously, my heart raced again.

"What is it that your hiding." He asked, he sounded much more demanding. I just looked at him, how could I respond to such a question.

"I'll show you some day, I made a promise to Hughes that I would." I said sternly, I stared back at the Colonel.

"But for now let's just forget about that and focus on dessert." I said looking at the new menu that was placed in front of us.

Mustang was on to me, so from now on I had to watch my back, I couldn't give away too much, or else he'd find out.

"Right dessert, well we have to get the green tea icecream. It's a staple from one of the countries in the east." Mustang said.

After dinner the Colone; and I headed back to the car. He walked me to my door and waved goodbye.

"See you tomorrow Lieutenant." He said.

"See ya." I said shyly.

Mustang was such a good man, and he was so kind. I felt like my secret would ruin things if he were to find out. I wasn't ready for him, or anyone else to know. I couldn't worry about that, we were moving to central. Luckily my apartment was refurbished, so I just needed to pack my clothes and other necessities.