Chapter 10: Lust

It was another day at the office, although the atmosphere was much different than before. The Colonel was still away in a meeting, so I relaxed a bit. Then there was loud footsteps coming from outside, I recognized them instantly, they belonged to Mustang. 

He opened the door and called for me.

"Lieutenant there's a big issue, I think we've uncovered something huge." Mustang said, he looked over joyed with the news, had he found out about the homonculi?

Mustang took me to Falmans apartment, and introduced me to him..

"Mustang you've brought another companion how lovely, can I kill her?" The strange thing said before me, his voice had the same echoey sound as Alfonse.

Mustang explained the situation and told me his motives. He also mentioned Hughes, and how he had stumbled on something much deeper than any of us could have expected.

"We've found an old military base, and we plan to storm it." The Colonel said.

That night we snuck in and regrouped with the Elrics, it was good to see them, although things weren't necessarily good right now, we were all on edge.

We rushed in at once, but we were split up, there had to be homonculi here, I could sense the power that was coming from the place.

I was stuck with Riza and Alfonse, we were in this large white space, it was so strange and unique, it was almost beautiful. 

"Are you guys alright." Alfonse asked, he sounded genuine enough.

"Yes, don't worry about us Al." I said as I gave him a thumbs up.

"What's going on, who are these people." Riza said sounding concerned, she had her gun drawn and was prepared for anything.

"I'm not sure, but things don't look too good for us." Alfonse said and he pointed to a figure that was approaching us.

The person who was slowly closing in was none other than Lust, one of the homonculi, she was there on that night. I used my flames to the best of my ability, snap after snap, but if was no use, her regeneration was too quick. 

"You." She said

"I've seen you before." She added.

I ignored her and began with another borage of flames.

"How rude, you should answer when someone asks a question." She said and she sent a nail into my left shoulder. I let out a scream, maybe someone could hear me, maybe someone could save us.

There were more footsteps, and the Colonel was there, though he looked injured.

"Mustang." I said, I looked into his eyes, he saw my injury.

Mustang spoke with Lust, but he soon was angered. He sent flame after flame after flame and eventually there was nothing left. He collapsed to the ground and we rushed over to aid him.

"Are you three alright?" Mustang asked us, we all rushed over to him. 

"Yes sir, but you need to go to a hospital right away." Riza said, we both hoisted the Colonel up and left the building.

Time Skip

The Colonel was discharged from the hospital and returned to his office in the military. I had visited him often during his time there, and sometimes he would even ask me to watch over him and to keep him company. It was times like these that really made me question the Colonels feelings towards me.

It was another day of filing papers and awaiting exciting news in the office. Mustang was absent again, which allowed me to relax a bit. 

"Luna, you gotta tell the Colonel how you feel." Havoc said, he was staring into my eyes, but it felt as if he were staring into my soul instead.

"I-, I want to, but I don't know how." I said nervously.

"Plus I'm not even sure if he feels the same way." I said once more, this was true though, Mustang was cold by nature, it was going to be impossible to find out how he really feels.

"Who cares if he feels the same way or not, half the women that I ask out hate my guts." Havoc said.

"That explains a lot." I said jokingly.

"But atleast I shooted my shot, the weight off of your chest is better than having it all bottled up." Havoc said in response. Maybe he was right, maybe it was time that I told Mustang how I felt, but then I'd have to end up telling him my secret one way or another.

The Colonel slammed the doors open, and he had the Elrics with him as well. 

"Edward, Alfonse." I said as I waved at the melancholy looking boys.

"Luna." They said and they rushed over to me. We all embraced, Mustang shot a glance at me, there was the slightest smile forming.

"Colonel, may I take a few moments to catch up with these two." I asked, trying my best to sound proper so that he would let me go.

"Fine." The man said, he sighed as he walked back to his desk.

The Elrics and I walked through central to the garden at the heart of the large complex.  We spoke for some time about what had been going on, and somehow the topic of romance came up.

"So Luna, do you like anyone yet." Edward asked all of the sudden. Somehow the most randomest topics always came up when we spoke.

"Yeah." I said quietly.

"Oooooh." Alfonse said.

"Don't tell me its the Colonel." Edward said shaking his head.

"Yes, I like the Colonel ok, and what of it, I know your in love with someone too." I said.

"I am not." He said abruptly, I guess I had really stricken a nerve.

"It's Winry Ro-." I said, but Ed covered my mouth before I could finish the sentence.

"Also I forgot to ask, did the Colonel find out about the secret." Alfonse asked.

"No luckily he didn't." I said, the thought of him finding out still shook me to the core.

"SH." Edward said, what was he up to?

"There's someone else hear, listen." Ed said, he was looking around in the bushes.

"Woah!" A familiar voice said from a bush across from us.

"Mustang what the hell are you doing!" We all screamed.

"I was admiring the greenery." He said, that was one of the worst lies that he had ever come up with.

"Colonel, how long have you been listening in on us." I said nervously.

"Not for long, something about a secret." Mustang said.

"Is that the secret that you-." Mustang added.

"Well no more eavesdropping ok, forget what you heard, it was nothing." I said nervously. 

The three of us returned back to the office without the Colonel, who knows how much he had heard, the first lie may have just been a decoy. 

What if he knew that I liked him, what if he was going to confront me, what if I was going to have to tell him the truth. I didn't want to think about these possibilities, but I knew that they would surely end up happening some day. I calmed myself down and continued on with my day, I was making the situation way worse.