02

He pulled her face towards his; Kiana's cheeks tinted a light pink as he leaned in deathly closer licking his lips slyly. Kiana's heart began pounding uncontrollably as she shifted uncomfortably under his hawk gaze. His grip on her wrists tightened as she squirmed under his hold. It was like he was staring at every inch of her- every inch of her body- hungrily. He chuckled in his deep voice that radiated in her core; tying knots in her stomach. Kiana bit her lip nervously- closing her eyes expectedly.

Suddenly, a loud ringtone caught both of their's attentions. Grumbling and clearly irritated, Aomine snatched his contents from Kiana's hands. Slowly, he climbed off of her and lazily reached for his phone clearly annoyed for being interrupted. As soon as he answered his phone he was bombarded by the screeching of Moimoi which forced him to hold his phone away from his ear cringing. He ended the call immediately and snuck a quick glance at Kiana.

She remained on her back still, left arm covering her eyes and head turned to her left; still blushing uncontrollably.

How cute.

"What are you doing? Don't tell me you're crying now. That's what you get for sleeping in my spot and teasing me." She sat up and pouted; crossing her arms over her chest and furrowing her brows.

"You're so mean to me. I didn't even do anything to you. You were the one who woke me up." She removed her arms and stared at him sulking; her pout deepening. What is this girl? a kid?

"What!? You come and sleep in my spot and expect me to be nice to you. Quit sulking like a-" Aomine roared but upon seeing her unwavering pout his expression soften and he sighed. "Here." He dug his large hand into his bag before throwing a bar of Toblerone chocolate at her stomach. It landed onto her skirt softly.

"My way of saying sorry." She looked up at him in suprise and to say thanks. However, when she did so he was already snoring loudly and itching at his stomach drooling.

"Thanks I guess."

___________________

It had been a week since their first encounter. Aomine couldn't deny that he was interested in her. She wasn't a fan or scared of him like other girls; she was normal. Or at-least, she treated him like normal. He didn't feel like the prestigious Ace of the Generation of Miracles when he was with her; but a normal school mate. A normal guy. And those eyes. The shaking of her bright blue hues under his gaze drove him mad. There was something about those eyes that he couldn't get enough of.

He chuckled flicking through the pages of Mato's magazine unable to pay attention to the spreads of her bikini poses; he only had one girl on his mind.

And as if on cue, a tiny head popped up from the ladder and peered at him.

"I can see why you like that magazine so much. Mato-san is so pretty." Aomine jumped in shock and frantically closed the pages shut embarrassed.

"Don't scare me like that. You can't just pop up on a guy when he's busy."

"You mean busy staring at half-naked girls?" Kiana laughed and sat herself next to him. She tried peaking at the magazine again but he swatted her away and hid it under his bag.

"Why do you read those magazines if you get so embarrassed by it?" Kiana asked and he looked away quietly.

"It's just weird if I look at them in front of you. You'll think i'm a creep." He nervously chuckled as Kiana giggled again causing him to raise his brow.

"You're so silly. I already thought you were a creep before I knew you read those stuff."

"WHAT'D YOU SAY!?" Kiana laughed and slapped him on the shoulder playfully.

This was only his second time talking with her and he already found himself flustered and taken aback. It was like she knew which buttons to press to make him lose his cool. He's used to being the cool, mysterious type of guy who girls fall in love with- not this open book of a flustered mess. And here she is, making him vulnerable without even trying. In fact, she was the mysterious one. He knew almost nothing about her. The most he knew was her name and that she went to school with him. He didn't even know what year she was.

"Hey. What year are you in?" She stopped before sneaking her hand into his bag and stealing a bar of chocolate from his bag once more. "I'm a first year." She happily chomped on his snacks like a little kid.

"Oi- don't just eat my snacks like that." He facepalmed as she looked up, with 5 bars in hand and froze. "Oops."

His temple thumped but he stopped and sighed in defeat as she smiled sheepishly at him before laughing continuously.

This girl really is something else.

She continued her fits of giggles as he angrily pressed the buttons of his phone. The constant dinging of his notifications irritated him even further as he murmured incoherent slurs about Momoi under his breath.

"Say- why does Momoi-san always look for you? Are you meant to be somewhere instead of here?" Kiana looked at him with her beautiful ocean eyes as he sighed and lied on his back as usual. "I'm meant to be at basketball practice but I'm too lazy. It's too boring now. Everyone sucks and no one can beat me. The only one who can beat me- is me." Aomine's charade ended and he looked Kiana only to see her sour expression once again.

"Why are you making that face again? You look like a granny when you do that. Stop it." Aomine sighed.

"I think you should go practice. It doesn't hurt to go training for a couple hours. If you really loved basketball it doesn't matter if you're the best or the worst. You should play it because you enjoy it." Kiana stated. "Besides, who even says 'The only one who can beat me is me.'" Kiana mocked him with a stern face; deepening her voice.

He twitched in anger and grabbed her head and instead of squeezing it with all of his might; he ruffled her hair catching her by suprise. "I guess you're right." He inhaled deeply and then exhaled loudly. There was a brief moment of silence and Kiana took the opportunity to stared as his sun-kissed skin under the sunlight.

"Hey, would you watch me play if I went to practice then?" He looked into her eyes expectedly, nervous when realising how close they actually were sitting and how intently she was staring at him.

"Sure."