18

The team were sitting on the benches in a group preparing for the game. The coach and Momoi were giving the team a run down on strategies including Kiana who stood behind the team and listened tentatively.

"Kianaaaa. Come here." Aomine, who decided to stand at the wall by himself rather than with the team ordered. Kiana looked at him, put a finger to her lips and turned back to the coach.

"I said come here." Aomine snuck up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist, lifting her off of her feet and into the air. Kiana squealed in surprise which alerted the entire Toō team who all turned their heads to the couple before sighing and turning their attention away.

"What the hell Daiki? Put me down." Kiana barked as Aomine carried her to the corner of the gymnasium. She could feel the eyes of spectators staring at them, in particular, Akashi's burning orbs from the stands. Aomine didn't care if people were staring or not and plopped her down to the ground but didn't let go of his hold around her waist. "We're meant to be listening to the strategies right now." Kiana huffed annoyed as Aomine groaned.

"I don't need that shit. I just wanted to be with you before the game. But you ignored me." He sulked as he buried his face into her shoulder like a child who got his toy stolen. "Sorry." She softly muttered, feeling bad about ignoring him. She immediately sensed his demeanour change as she felt him smirk against her neck before letting her go and turning her around to face him.

"If you give me a kiss then i'll forgive you." He chuckled as he tapped at his right cheek and stared at her expectantly. Kiana giggled at his cheeky expression before teasing him herself, "Guess you're never forgiving me then." Kiana stuck her tongue out and laughed as the coach motioned for them to join now as Seirin lined up. Aomine mummbled a frustrated yet non-serious "whatever" under his breath as he walked up to his team who were beginning to line up. His expression remained sulky as he wanted a kiss from Kiana until he made eye contact with Kuroko.

Immediately his expression turned cold as he glared at Kagami. It was time to get serious.

And as tip-off began, Kiana watched the entire game intently, her eyes never leaving the intimidating frame of her boyfriend in his element. She was at a loss of words at how intense the game was and how uncontrollable Aomine was when he played basketball. Every time he played, it was like he was even more crazy than the last time.

Aomine became so invested in the game by the second quarter that he stopped giving Kiana flirty looks or remarks but instead zoned everybody and everything out as he became immersed in his battle against Kagami and Kuroko.

And in the final seconds of the game, Kiana's jaw dropped to the ground. As she watched Kagami dunk over Aomine, it felt as if the entire gymnasium reacted the same way. Kiana's heart momentarily tore as she saw the exhausted yet utterly broken expression on Aomine's face. She chewed at her bottom lip as she could physically see reality sink into him. However, she sighed in relief as she watched him bump fists with Kuroko, the scene warmed her heart as she saw the smile on both of their faces as their fists collided.

And as Aomine walked off to prepare to line up, he finally glanced at Kiana and sighed, shrugging his shoulders with a somber expression. Unsure of how to react, she responded with an awkward smile and even more awkward thumbs up. Kiana really didn't know how to act in the moment and neither did Aomine. And as the team packed their supplies and hid their tears, Aomine stormed out of the gymnasium and immediately grabbed Kiana's wrist with him.

"Um- Well- You did-" Kiana muttered not sure what to say to Aomine staring at his stressed back as they flew down the hallway. "You don't have to force yourself to say anything dummy." He muttered as he could tell Kiana was about to blurt something random to try and make him feel better about his defeat. Kiana whispered a quick "oh thank god" under her breath as they found the doors which allowed them to exit the gymnasium.

Aomine took them to an empty staircase and he lied down on the steps whilst Kiana sat besides him pressing both knees to her chest as she ran her fingers through his dark blue hair. She stared at the bright moon and the sky as he closed his eyes deep in thought about the events of the game.

It was a comforting silence they often shared. This time, Aomine decided to break it. "You free tomorrow?" He asked as he too now stared at the starry sky with Kiana. "Yeah I am. Why?" Kiana asked as she breathed in the cool air of the chilly night. "Will you go shopping with me?" He asked casually. Kiana could tell he was acting a bit different to his usual self as he rarely asks about these sorts of things. "Of course but where's this coming from?" Kiana asked still massaging her fingers through his short locks.

"I want to buy new basketball shoes." He groaned and shifted in his spot. Kiana raised a brow knowing he had been wearing the same pair of shoes for as long as she's known him. He turned his head to the side to face Kiana. "I want to practice."

Kiana couldn't help the soft smile which grew on her face. She also couldn't help but say the words which crossed her mind in that moment. "I'm proud of you."

She could feel Aomine's frame slightly stiffen as his dark blue eyes widen slightly. He grumbled under his breath and turned his head back to staring at the sky as he lifted an arm to cover his eyes. "But I lost." He croaked as he felt tears prick his eyes. The feeling and realisation of his long-awaited defeat dawned on him.

Finding a worthy opponent was the thing he always strived for and yet when he finally found it, the build up of actually losing hit him harder than he expected.

"So what? You smiled for the first time in forever while playing ball. That's a win to me." Kiana reassured him.

"But I never lose. I'm a failure." He croaked once more, still fighting back the tears which threatened to fall at any second.

"There's a first for everything you know. You're the first person i've ever fallen in love with." She paused as she noticed a small tear roll down the side of his face and plop to the ground.

"Please don't leave me." He whispered as Kiana began feeling tears prick at her eyes. Seeing Aomine in such a vulnerable and fragile state broke her heart but it reaffirmed her love for him even more. "I won't. I promise." She reassured him with a shaky voice as she tried to contain her overwhelming emotions.

"Because I love you." Kiana whispered as she leaned down and closed her eyes. She moved her hand from his head to the side of his cheek as she planted a long and loving kiss onto his lips.

AUTHORS NOTE:

Hi guys I can't respond to any comments or posts on my board because Wattpad doesn't let me. But I really appreciate all of the support for this story. c:

This will probably be the last chapter unless you guys want more so let me know. :)