~First Year~ Chapter Eleven

The Christmas holidays had come to an end and I was currently sitting with my friends and Hermione in the Great Hall for breakfast. I couldn't help but feel more excited and ready for this match, we were going against Hufflepuff. Fred and George always told me Hufflepuff would never play rough but their seeker Cedric Diggory was one if the best, that was the only thing I was nervous about..Harry. I know he's a really good Seeker but what people say about this lad make him out to be almost better than my brother Charlie was.

"Are you alright Becca?"
I looked up at Neville who just snapped me out of my thoughts, and thank Merlin he did as I was about to speak Wood came up to me,

"Becca I want you and Harry to be in the locker room in an hour!" I nodded and turned back to Neville, only to see he was in deep conversation with Dean and Seamus about something.

I just told Harry what Oliver said and made my way down up to the common room to get ready,
I showered quickly and threw my hair up into a high pony with a braid down the centre and through the pony. Throwing on my Quidditch robes, I ran back down and waited for my brothers on the couch so we could walk together.

***

It was forty minutes into the game and we were just ten points behind, 50-40. I zoomed across the Pitch with the Quaffle in my arms, I was about to shoot it threw the hoop but felt something dog right into my stomach. Knocking the wind out of me as I fell straight off my broom, all I could here was cheering and voices around me before I blacked out.

"Do you think she'll be alright?"

"Oh I don't know Ron, I mean she did just fall about 40 feet to the ground not even an hour ago!"

"I was only asking!"

"QUITE BOTH OF YOU!"

"HE STARTED IT!" I woke up as Fred and Ron shouting at one another and could feel a migraine coming along.

"Whys everybody shouting!" All their heads shot my way, I could see all my brothers standing there at the foot of my bed. I smiled warmly at them, my eyes lit up as I turned around to look around the room, my eyes falling on a tall figure. "Charlie!" I instantly hissed in pain as I tried to sit up on my bed, he chuckled and helped me a little bit before going around the corner.

Not a few minutes later he came back with mum but no dad, "Oh darling are you alright? You gave us quite a scare once you fell.."

"You saw?" She smiled warmly at me but dropped it as she Nagano speaking again.

"Of course, but your father had to return to work once we came home from Romania." I half smiled, a little upset that I could see my dad.

"What happened with the match? I asked trying to break the awkward silence, hoping we didn't lose because of me. "We lost didn't we, b-because of me!" Charlie placed his hand on my shoulder and spoke,

"no, Gryffindor won once Harry caught the snitch and now your in the finals against Ravenclaw!" I sighed in relief and we got talking more about Quidditch, a few hours later it soon ended as my brother staged that he had to go and get back to Romania.

I waved hugged him goodbye as he kissed my head and left, soon followed by mum. Madame Pomphrey stuck another horrid potion down my throat before telling me to stay here for another hour or so and then I could leave.

***

"How could I have been so stupid..I checked this out weeks ago for a bit of light reading!"
I looked at her as she slammed a book twice the size of my bed itself onto the table in front of me, I chuckled and tried to make the moment funny.

"This is light!" She instantly glared at me for a few seconds before turning back to the book,
I slumped down in my seat as the girl started to ready.

"Of course here it is, Nicolas Flamel is the only known maker of the Philosophers stone!"

"The what!" Both boys asked in confusion.

"Honestly don't you two read, the philosophers stone is a legendary substance with astonishing powers..it'll transform any metal into pure gold and produce the Elixir of life which will make the drinker immortal!" My brother obviously questioned her statement as I explained,

"It means you'll never die Ronald."

"I know what it means!"

"Shh!" Harry gave him a look, causing me to laugh a little. Hermione send us a heavy glare, but continued none the less.

"The only stone currently in existence belongs to Mr Nicolas Flamel the known Alchemist who last year celebrated his 665th birthday that's what Fluffys guarding on the third floor, that's what's under the trapped door..the Philosophers stone!" We looked at each other in silence and wondered..

***

Authors note:
Love the little moment between Charlie and Rebecca, I'm also sorry if I haven't been writing every thing down, I just thought it'd be easier to leave little things such as Fluffy's name being revealed or just writing it as a narration or something.