THE DECATHLON TRIP: 1

Peter grabbed his bag, eager to be out the door. The decathlon practise was over, though it was more of a party, celebrating their win at nationals.

"Everyone sit down! I have an important announcement to make!" Mr Harrington clapped hia hands, getting the small groups attention. "We are going on a week long field trip!"

Peter visibly tensed. Field trips never went well for him. First he got bitten by a radioactive spider, then he nearly got his friends killed with a bomb, the next one he died and the one they had gone to that previous summer ended up in someone trying to kill him. Again. Several times. Peter officially did not like field trips.

"You will be going to... drum roll please... Avengers Tower!"

Peter relaxed a little. At least he knew he was safe there. What's the worst that could happen?

My family completely embarrasses the heck out of me and they find out my identity.

Ooooooookay...

It was still better than dying at the hands of a mad titan.

"Take these forms home and get them signed! It's next week and it's all free!"

Peter grabbed two from his teacher and handed one to Ned.

"Thanks man! Isn't this so cool? We get to go to the Avengers Tower!"

Peter sighed. Ever since Europe, Peter and May had moved into the tower, just for safety measures. Mysterio's team was still out there, and Peter didn't want to try his luck.

So, basically Peter was doing a tour of his own home.

What fun.

"Ned," he whispered, "You do realise you come over twice a week because I frickin live there, right?"

"Hey Parker!" Flash walked over to the nerd. "Excited to be exposed?"

"Flash, if you continue that behaviour then I will ban you from the trip."

"Sorry. I didnt mean that." Flash walked away.

Ned turned back to Peter. "It's still cool. And we're staying overnight! I haven't done that yet!"

"Fair enough. Look, I gotta go, Happy's waiting outside. I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah. See you, Peter!"

"Bye!" Peter shut the door and buckled his seatbelt. "Hey Happy, how are you?"

Happy shrugged as he pulled out of the driveway. "Not too bad. Boss wants to work on your suit this afternoon."

"Sweet." Peter leaned back, smiling.

______________________________________

Peter stretched his arms above his head, pulling them in a large semicircle over his head.

"Morning Peter." May smiled. "You excited for today?"

Peter nodded as he sat down at the counter.

He and May had their own floor, well, half a floor. May said that they didn't need an entire floor for two people.

Peter had gotten up later as he had told his teacher that he lived closer to Avengers Tower than the school was, which was technically true.

"So, no doing anything stupid or irrational, feel free to call me anytime-"

"May." Peter looked up from his pancakes with a smile. "We're going to be in the same building."

"I know, I just... don't want you getting hurt again. You have a thing with field trips." May kissed him on the forehead.