THE DECATHLON TRIP:4

Brad yawned and stretched, mind blanking as he tried to remember where he was.

Oh, that's right. The field trip.

He rolled over and looked over the beds at MJ, who was missing. Brad sat up, panicking slightly before he remembered the events of the previous nights.

Peter had had a nightmare, left the room, then MJ had gone with him and they never came back.

Brad clenched his fists. Anger and jealousy bubbled inside. What did MJ see in that idiot? He was just a scrawny little nobody who got everything he wanted. His parents probably spoil him rotten. And now he had gone and stolen MJ.

Brad pondered for a little bit. He knew Peter had a secret, and he didn't know what it was exactly, but he thought it could be linked to the video.

"Flash, are you awake?"

Flash mumbled something and sat up, looking up at Brad. "What."

"I need you to look at something for me."

Flash frowned, all traces of irritation replaced by curiosity. "What is it?"

Brad moved over as Flash sat down and handed him an ear bud. "This was last night when Peter went to get food."

They started the video and Flash's eyes widened.

"What is it?"

"That's Peter's aunt."

"What is she doing at the tower? Does she work there?"

Flash scratched his neck. "No, I don't think she does. It has to be related through Peter some way."

"Why Peter? Why not her husband or something?"

"He died. When Peter was 14. Peter was away for a few days after that happened."

"Did he seriously need a few days? What did his parents think?"

Flash looked at Brad, surprised. "You don't know?" He asked incredulously.
"Parker's an orphan."

Something clicked in Brad's brain. He already felt guilty for thinking it, but he might be able to get MJ back.

"Oh... that's... new. So did anything change with Peter when his uncle died?"

Flash nodded, oblivious to Brad's plan and went on to talk about how Peter didn't have glasses anymore, how he suddenly would leave a class and not come back, the trip in DC, Homecoming, how he vanished on the way to MoMa and finally how whenever something drastic happened, Peter seemed to leave just before it strikes.

Brad nodded slowly, smirking slightly. He had a plan.

Flash, on the other hand, was listening to himself and stopped. Peter always vanished right before Spider-Man came. He also had vanished off a moving bus. Clearly something was going on there.
Flash narrowed his eyes, locked in concentration.
The trip in Europe. Peter said he was going to stay with family in Berlin, but he left before the class did. He didn't even take his suitcase, which was weird. At that time, or a day or two later, Night Monkey was found in a train yard in the Netherlands. And as far as Flash knew, they were both pretty similar. Then, just as they were about to die, Spider-Man swung in to London and saved the day. So why were MJ, Ned and Betty running with Spider-Man's... whatever he was? And did he mention something about an aunt?

It was slowly fitting together.

"I need to go to the bathroom."
Flash jumped off the bed and slipped into the ensuite.

Evie pokes her head in the door. "Good morning sleepy heads! Sorry, I'm a morning person, I've just spent a whole hour reading and writing."

"But it's 7 o'clock," Sally mumbles sleepily.