𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 - 𝐯𝐢

(𝒍𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒄𝒂𝒔𝒆 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒅)

  ❝𝑰 𝑯𝑨𝑽𝑬 𝑫𝑰𝑬𝑫 𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑹𝒀𝑫𝑨𝒀 𝑾𝑨𝑰𝑻𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑭𝑶𝑹 𝒀𝑶𝑼.❞

𝟑𝐫𝐝 𝐬𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟏

maybe hogwarts wasn't going to be all that bad, maybe it'd be fun getting sorted. y/n always had to look on the positive side of things, which, for a girl like her, was pretty easy. but still, she stood in the abnormally large hall, watching every student walk to the front and get sorted into a house. despite her poor attempts to stay positive, y/n was overcome with a sense of anxiety and slight nausea as she noticed how many students were in the hall.

just as she was about to regain herself, an old voice rang out, echoing loudly. "y/n l/n." the pit in her stomach became much bigger, and she felt everyone's eyes on her. just her. 

nonetheless, y/n made her way to the front of the hall, trembling oh so slightly. 

taking a seat on the infamous wooden stool, y/n felt everyone's eyes on her. just her. only her. it was rather intimidating, really. 

"ah." the sorting hat spoke once it was placed upon her head. "you are a tricky one. it seems you are suit for hufflepuff, maybe? you have the intelligence of a ravenclaw.. and the kindness of a hufflepuff, yet you have a dark past.. hm. let it be, gryffindor!"

 y/n couldn't decide what emotion to show. she was incredibly confused as to what the hat meant by her 'dark past', she had grown up in a lovely cottage with her grandma, that wasn't dark at all. the young girl brushed her confusion off and smiled. harry and ron had gotten sorted gryffindor, so at least she was with some people that she knew. 

she walked down towards the gryffindor table, where harry and ron were sat. "well done y/n!" ron announced kindly. the girl in question smiled, thanking him. harry just gave a small smile. an oddly comforting smile.

a/n!!

this is just a filler chapter cuz i needed to get the sorting hat shit done aha, but next chapter is obviously gonna be longer and i think it's gonna surprise some of you! 

anyways, happy new year! england is now in a full lockdown, which means i will probably be more active on here. that being said, i am dealing with a few irl issues atm, but i hope i will produce more chapterz!

stay safeeee, ily!
-gracie