𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐢𝐦 - 𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢

(𝒍𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒄𝒂𝒔𝒆 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒅)

❝𝑶𝑭 𝑨𝑳𝑳 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑵𝑮𝑺 𝑰 𝑳𝑶𝑺𝑻, 𝑰 𝑴𝑰𝑺𝑺 𝑴𝒀 𝑴𝑰𝑵𝑫 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑴𝑶𝑺𝑻.❞

𝟏𝟐𝐭𝐡 𝐧𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐

four days had passed since y/n l/n and harry potter had been assigned the potions project together. the project was a month long, ending on the 8th of december. y/n had already written a letter of complaint to professor snape, which he ripped up. 

the two had decided to study in the library, as maybe they wouldn't hex each other in a more calm environment. y/n walked into the almost empty room, her tote bag slung over her shoulder. it did hurt a tad, carrying around heavy textbooks with nothing but a flimsy tote bag, but, fashion first, right?

harry was already sat at a table, slightly slumped down, reading a textbook. she sat down in front of the boy, causing him to look up at her. they had previously decided that there would be no arguments between the pair, at least during the project. knowing them, that was going to be hard.

"mcgonagall gave me detention for forgetting a quill. that woman's got it coming for her." 

"i don't care," harry muttered a response, rolling his eyes at her.

"there's no need to be such a dickhead about everything, i was only making small talk." she was right, there was no reason for him to be so rude.

they continued to work on the potion- draught of peace. y/n was taking notes on what ingredients they needed to gather. "we need powdered moonstone, syrup of hellbore, powdered porcupine quills and powdered unicorn horn, but we need lot's of it."

draco, blaise and theo entered the library, laughing and shoving each other. y/n saw harry tense up as they walked towards them. "having fun, y/n?" theo teased her. they all shared a hatred for harry. 

"sorry to bother you best mates, but y/n, you forgot your jumper." draco grabbed the sweater from blaise's bag and chucked it at her. "thank you! i'll see you later, yeah?" y/n smiled and thanked them.

around ten minutes passed, and now harry and y/n were reading from a textbook, 'magical drafts and potions'. it had started to rain outside, and it was dark, due to the time being 5pm. little droplets of rain trickled down the window, and they could be heard pattering. 

"what do you see in them?" harry broke the silence, looking up.

"pardon?"

"them lot, the slytherins. why do you hang out with them? you're a gryffindor, you aren't supposed to be near them." the girl blinked, looking up at him in surprise. there was a short moment of silence, where she was simply lost for words. 

"you don't need to be in a certain house to be friends with people, harry. they're nice to me, and that's all that matters. i most definitely do not need your approval of who i can and can't be friends with." 

harry simply huffed and returned back to the work. 

around thirty minutes passed, and the pair decided to walk back to the common room. they picked up their books and exited the library. just as they stepped out, it began to rain heavily.

they both ran through the courtyard with their jackets over their heads. as they got inside the common room and collapsed on the couch, laughing.

their laughter quickly stopped when they remembered that they hated each other, however that moment was funny. an awkward silence followed shortly.

y/n stood up. "well, thank you for helping with the project, but i must go to bed now, it's getting late now. goodnight harry." with that, she took off and ran up the stairs to her dorm.

as she laid in bed that night, y/n couldn't help but question her hatred for the boy. that lingering thought was shortly outlived. after all,

he hated her.

she hated him.

or so they thought.

a/n!

hii! how is everyone? thank you for continuing to vote, despite the large plot change. i am overwhelmed by the amount of support this story is getting! if you have got any questions, don't be shy to ask me! i try to respond to most comments. anyways, hope you're all safe and are having a great january! stay safe, ily ! <3

- gracie x